Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,003 Posts
You can keep the 1600 spindles and bolt on some Milano Brembo front calipers by removing the spacer and a few other small mods.

·
Premium Member
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
You can keep the 1600 spindles and bolt on some Milano Brembo front calipers by removing the spacer and a few other small mods.
Actually I've got a set of rebuilt 105 calipers ready to go and promised the spindles to someone else so that they can use the Milano calipers in their race car.

·
Registered
56 Posts
A racy little Super! Looks a lot of fun and sounds great!

How's the induction sound with those trumpets? I'm craving a bit more Alfa sound and i cant decide between a straight through tailpipe or a pair of foam filters.

I hope you're enjoying the car!

Yousuf

·
Premium Member
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
A racy little Super! Looks a lot of fun and sounds great!

How's the induction sound with those trumpets? I'm craving a bit more Alfa sound and i cant decide between a straight through tailpipe or a pair of foam filters.

I hope you're enjoying the car!

Yousuf
It is great fun to drive. And with the seriously crappy weather we've been getting it's nice to have a hard top and a strong heater. What amazes me is how quiet the car is despite the fact that the doors aren't particularly well aligned (we never touched them) and I don't have any door weatherstripping. I think it's a testament to the wind tunnel work that they did.

Speaking of sound, the trumpets are da bomb! Get on the pedal and the carbs really growl. But cruising at a steady pace there is virtually nothing. I have an old stock exhaust system which is probably too restrictive but it is a good match for a car like this. Likewise the trumpets are for a 1600 and are really too small. I would do better performance-wise to go with the stock canister but I can't find the darn thing so until then the trumpets stay...

·
Registered
56 Posts
It is great fun to drive. And with the seriously crappy weather we've been getting it's nice to have a hard top and a strong heater. What amazes me is how quiet the car is despite the fact that the doors are particularly well aligned (we never touched them) and I don't have any door weatherstripping. I think it's a testament to the wind tunnel work that they did.

Speaking of sound, the trumpets are da bomb! Get on the pedal and the carbs really growl. But cruising at a steady pace there is virtually nothing. I have an old stock exhaust system which is probably too restrictive but it is a good match for a car like this. Likewise the trumpets are for a 1600 and are really too small. I would do better performance-wise to go with the stock canister but I can't find the darn thing so until then the trumpets stay...
Since my reply I've gone and got a set of aftermarket filters for my Super and i completely agree, what a lovely sound! It's not just volume either, its an addictive, purposeful growl that just adds to the driving experience. Sure the stock airbox performs better, but surely the point of these cars isn't eeking out absolute performance but instead enjoying all the sensations of driving!

Hope you continue to enjoy the car :smile2:

41 - 48 of 48 Posts