Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A nice looking 1970 GTV just sold on EBay and I didn't see any discussion of this.

Based on the description of who did the work it looks like the car is from the SF bay area. Anyone here the winning bidder or know the car?

·
Registered
245 Posts
I was just looking for the same strand.
The guy is "sick" in Ga. but has the car with a shipper in El Cerrito,California. "We will close through eBay escrow services" . I sent him back a note telling him a friend would come look at it in El Cerrito.......

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My experience is the same as somer, I posted a number of questions during the auction with no response but got a post auction offer to sell the car due to financing issues with the winner.

Porsche911t
I checked the vin number on the registry and it's not listed so I couldn't verify the current owner. Suggest adding your car if you're comfortable with that. It's a beautiful car BTW

-Kurt

·
Registered
91 Posts
scam for sure. the guy contacted me via email after the auction was over and offered it to me for $14.5K. I asked him for his phone number and his response was that he has a "speech issue" and cannot speak. do people really fall for this??

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah, I wrote the guy and said I'd take the car at $14,500 (his asking price) and would be happy to send him the money if I could drive over from Marin county to see the car and pick it up - he wrote back with a lengthy explanation about having to use a "third party sale deal". Total scam (as expected).
Steve
63 Giulia
71 GTV

·
Premium Member
5,542 Posts
Yeah, I wrote the guy and said I'd take the car at $14,500 (his asking price) and would be happy to send him the money if I could drive over from Marin county to see the car and pick it up - he wrote back with a lengthy explanation about having to use a "third party sale deal". Total scam (as expected).
Steve
63 Giulia
71 GTV
He wrote me and offered it for $14,500. I offered him $8,500, he countered at $9,500 and I counter-countered at $9,000 but I insisted on flying out and inspecting the car personally. At that point he sent me an email suggesting a better place I could stick my offer...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts