Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
If it is anything like my 67 just take your time. I had to remove the windshield to get to 2 bolts, watch out for removing the Glove box, the Plastic Hinges cannot be replaced. Do the heater while it is out! The wiring was straight forward but I did mark each one before removing with colored tape and signage. If I recall the small lights were daisy chained between the oil, water and fuel gauges. The only other wires were for each gauge and the small "heater light" on the speedometer.

I had to do the same job on my 300ZX and it took a day to remove and 2 days to put back.

·
Premium Member
5,538 Posts
No need to remove the windshield and inadvisable lest you tempt the glass gods. We just pulled last week but i didn't take any pictures. But i want to say there are 4 M6 nuts to remove. As suggested, mark all the electrical connection and take lots of pictures.

Very good suggestion to R&R the heater too.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do not mind to take the entire dash out. Mine has few cracks on the top pad and I like to repair it. I removed a 73 GTV dash before and it was very simple to do. I'm not sure about this dash. I need to locate the attachment points.
Thx

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I have done this a few times on Duettos and I did not remove the windshield. Ossodiseppia has loads of pics of the operation. I am talking about the entire unit icl glove box. The hinges for the glove box ar on the market again, part #1307 here Interior . You will have to remove the vents on each side to access the nuts holding the entire unit. Disconnect the battery and remove the steering wheel and gauges etc. Tilting the dash and steel board makes the removal and install easier. A photo with the windshield still in place.

·
Super Moderator
10,599 Posts
Do you know if 1982 spider top (complete frame and soft top) will fit 1969 spider?
Yes, I know if 1982 spider top (complete frame and soft top) will fit 1969 spider.

No, sorry, it won't. The '82 top and frame are shorter than a '69 to accommodate the more raked windshield used on the squaretail series. Also, there are detail differences at the windshield header, mounting for the frame next to the seat backs, and attachment to the rear deck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Assume my 77 Spider also needs to have the windshield removed to remove the
dash so i can get to the heater,lights and wiper motor ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts