Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! Too many cars and one has to go. I'm interested in selling my 1969 Alfa Boat tail. The car was extensively rebuilt during the Winter of 2008-09 with the intent of having a car that could be driven anywhere. It is not a trailer queen. Asking $18,500 Canadian. Car is in Ottawa, Canada (about 1 hour from border with NY State). VIN # AR1481836

Work done includes:
-complete engine rebuild
-fuel injection rebuilt by Wes Ingram
-car stripped to bare metal and any rust removed. Floors (except the trunk) were replaced. New inner. middle and outer rocker panels. New lower nose. Only new metal added to car. Car was then undercoated.
-new seat pans, seat bottoms and upholstery (black)
-new door panels and carpets
-new top (Haartz material), tires (Pirelli) and battery
-brake boosters (2) replaced with new boosters
-steering box replaced
-wheels were stripped and powder-coated
-new stainless exhaust
-much more

I have $30K in receipts that go with the car (does not include original purchase price).

According to Alfa Storico, the car was built in March 1970 and sold to a Newark dealer. It was originally red with a black interior.

For pics or details, please contact me at [email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just curious, but you state that the car was built in 1970 but you refer to it as a 1969 Boattail spider. How can that be? I can understand a car being built in late 1969 and sold in 1970 as a 1969 model year car, but a car built in March 1970 (3 months into the 1970 year) and sold at an even later date in 1970 can only be a 1970 car. Plse enlighten me.

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP
16,232 Posts
Alfa did not manufacture nor import any 1970 MODEL year USA version vehicles. Some have speculated that it's because of the change to hanging pedals, or the Kammtail, or emission/safety standards. So Alfa built USA version vehicles in 1970 that met all 1969 model year standards. As such, these vehicles are 1969 model year vehicles.
In short, the build year is irrelevant to the model year.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Yea they did something like that in '74 as well. My '74 was built in '75 but is in fact a '74 model year car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts