Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this posting on CL. No relation to seller.

SF bay area craigslist > south bay > for sale / wanted > cars & trucks - by owner

please flag with care: [?]

miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info

1969 Alfa Romeo GTV - $4000 (morgan hill)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-07-22, 2:58PM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1969 Alfa Romeo GTV for sale.
Straight body (No accidents) with only one rust spot by the front driver side lower fender about the size of a quarter. Floors, trunk and rockers are solid. Original paint is faded and will need a paint job. Runs good but may need a tune-up. Has wide campagnolo alloy wheels.
I am 63 yrs. old and have owned it for the past 25 years. I can no longer drive it as I used to. It has been sitting in my garage for the past 8 years. I would occasionally warm it up and drive it around the neighborhood on good days.
My nephew and I will show it at the Starbucks tomorrow at 8:30 AM.
The address is:
18585 Monterey Road, Morgan Hill

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2508190199

·
Registered
596 Posts
Well 2 hours 15 minutes till show time. Think I can make it from Connecticut?

·
Registered
993 Posts
So did anybody check it out? I wanted to go, and my wife told me I should have, but I want to finish my Alfetta before I move on to other nonsense.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I know. I think she's using reverse psychology on me.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I went, I did not see

My son and I went down at the appointed place and time. The poster was a no-show:mad:. there were 2 other interested folks there. We stayed for about 40 minutes after the scheduled time with no luck. One of the other guys and I separately sent the guy a note - no reply. Scam or flake, take your pick. Too bad - it seemed like it would have been an interesting find at the least.
Ad is no longer there so maybe it was flagged (not by me)

·
Registered
993 Posts
Wow, weak - sorry to hear it. I'm glad I didn't make the even-further trek from SF.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
a good way to waste an early morning

you are the wiser man from a resource management point of view. overall it wasn't so bad though - I got to hang with my son home from college, have a nice run down there in the 164, have a coffee and pastry while talking about cars and flakes with others and was able to avoid a couple honey do chores waiting at home!
I don't need another but sure wouldn't mind a 69 GT Veloce. Oh well...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts