Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think this is the real definition of insanity but I guess we're in the right forum for it...

A random guy stopped by my shop a while back and said that he works for an impound yard and noticed that there was a car in the back that was similar to the cars he has seen around here. After a quick call to confirm this was a complete '69 GTV I bought the car and had it towed here a week later. Complete might be a stretch. While it did indeed have all the important items that make a 1750 a 1750 including the motor, flying buttress seats, center console, grille, etc it did lack other essentially - like sheet metal! Being a Midwesterner I'm used to seeing rust but this was nothing I was prepared for. It quickly was moved to the parts car corner and summarily ignored. A year passed and a friend of a friend was looking for a '69 GTV. Forgetting that it was more like a '34 1/2 (ie, half a '69 - get it...) I agreed to restore it back to factory condition.

What was I thinking!

Not too bad...
69gtv01.jpg

69gtv02.jpg

oh, oh - this can't be good...
69gtv04.jpg

Hmm, where is the inner rocker?
69gtv03.jpg

Isn't the sway bar supposed to attached to something?
69gtv05.jpg

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
������ Classic case of mental instability. Yup. Yup. ��������

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
Ah the old York AC compressor. Lawn mower engine indeed. Interesting attempt at bracketry.

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Hey quit yer *****en! Looks like you got a free 12v lantern in the process?!! Rich, no one better to take this on than your good self!

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
Everyone needs a challenge from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 58 Posts