Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Quite a few chips in the paint, along with some paint cracking and a dent at the front left corner. Resprayed on the exterior only, not inside the trunk or under the hood. The suspension straps definitely appear to be original, as does the underside. No mileage listed. Speedo shows 16K miles but is that since rebuild? Underside does not look like a car with 16K miles, nor does under the hood or inside the trunk IMO. I have a hard time believing those seats and carpet are 50+ years old.

·
Super Moderator
'66 Sprint GT, '67 Duetto, '70 BMW 2800CS
12,376 Posts
Someone has dropped the hood a few times too many

Are these window cranks correct for a '69?

·
Super Moderator
'66 Sprint GT, '67 Duetto, '70 BMW 2800CS
12,376 Posts
Correct according to the parts book:
OK, thanks for that. I believe that the spiders didn't get this later style of window winder until a few years later, but I guess the coupes had them by '69.

ciao55 said:
It's a nice driver for $42k.
Yes, $55K seems optimistic. I don't know whether $42K or $38K or ?? is the right number, but perhaps the dealer has learned to start high and negotiate from there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think this the car has a bit of its provenance somewhat intact which is a nice thing. I prefer a bit more provenance than it was delivered to Newark :) but unfortunately so many Alfas have lost theirs. Provenance is a hard item to put a price tag on though because its value is in the eyes of the buyer. Some people see more value then others in it.
You can restore parts but you cant restore a cars provenance once its lost. That's what makes this stuff fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.