Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A project car that is complete. Euro spec car with webers. Much of the work is already done, with many new parts. I didn't recieve any reciepts or documentation, but everything I was told about the car when I purchased it has turned out to be true. The engine and the transmission were rebuilt and crated out of Italy. It has a new clutch assembly, flywheel, exhaust system, etc. I replaced the brake hoses, coil & plug wires and even went through the carbs. I put kits in the brake calipers and master cyl (it needs a new master cyl, though). Starter & altenator have been rebuilt. Cooling system had hardened and clogged up, so I took the engine apart and had the parts cleaned. I had the head rebuilt @ $350. Rebuilt the front seats @ $550. I have driven the car (with no brakes) and the transmission shifts perfectly, with no grinding. It will need a console...I have the gauges and switches, but the plastic was in about 10 peices. The car has rust, but it is certainly repairable. I really wanted to restore this car myself, but due to health related issues, I'll have to pass it on to someone else. If you want to talk, my number is (903)312-6428. If you can't reach me, my daughter's number is (903)948-4672. The car is in Frankston, right outside of Tyler, Texas.

·
Registered
353 Posts
nice euro spec seats!!

·
Premium Member
5,683 Posts
You'll get no argument from me that restoring a car like this (or most any Alfa for that matter) will take a significant investment in time and money. In the end, you're looking at way less than 10% of the finished cost to restore the car. Heck it will probably be one of the smallest checks the new owner will end up writing.

But my point was that if you evaluate the price on the basis of part value, he is asking a reasonable amount.

A running LHD Euro version with a 1750 motor and carbs, euro flying buttress seats in burgundy, interior door hardware, cloverleafs, grill pieces, tail light assemblies, glass etc would all add up to more than $2,500. The body is rusty but not unusually so and it does look unusually straight with good panel gaps. Might need a little help with the rear deck lid...

I think it's a deal (not a steal) and would be happy to spend someone else's money to get it!

BTW, nice work on the panels, Doc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts