Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a not altogether definite decision but I'm considering parting with my Spider. Overall, I'd sum it up as very original, outstanding driver-quality car. I've owned several Alfas over 35 years and have maintained and enjoyed this one for 18. I've been fastidious regarding the Spider's mechanical care and upkeep. It runs beautifully and can be driven anywhere with confidence. I have a logbook and history of receipts for parts and repairs going back to new including documentation of importation to the U.S. It was brought into the country through Panama by the original owner who was a US serviceman when it was virtually new. One thing not original is the paint. It is a 35 year old respray, amazingly presentable given it's age, but checking, nicked and faded. I think the finish is gorgeous and haven't touched it apart from washing/waxing. Others may disagree.....

Those who say there's no such thing as a rust free Alfa haven't seen this one. There is no rust and all metal looks to be original; as straight an unrestored car as you're likely to ever find. Gauges are metric of course but odo and records equate to about 135,000 miles, 22K of which I have added. The top has a tear but all other systems function as they should.

The European-spec version has some unique mechanical and cosmetic features (including but not limited to 40DCOEs, single brake booster, 4.11 diff, and lack of seat headrests) which many believe make it the most desirable roundtail.

Looking for $31,500 if I have a high-quality top installed and price adjusted accordingly if not.

Me and the Spider are in San Antonio.

Message Albert if you're genuinely interested and we can start a conversation.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is a not altogether definite decision but I'm considering parting with my Spider. Overall, I'd sum it up as very original, outstanding driver-quality car. I've owned several Alfas over 35 years and have maintained and enjoyed this one for 18. I've been fastidious regarding the Spider's mechanical care and upkeep. It runs beautifully and can be driven anywhere with confidence. I have a logbook and history of receipts for parts and repairs going back to new including documentation of importation to the U.S. It was brought into the country through Panama by the original owner who was a US serviceman when it was virtually new. One thing not original is the paint. It is a 35 year old respray, amazingly presentable given it's age, but checking, nicked and faded. I think the finish is gorgeous and haven't touched it apart from washing/waxing. Others may disagree.....

Those who say there's no such thing as a rust free Alfa haven't seen this one. There is no rust and all metal looks to be original; as straight an unrestored car as you're likely to ever find. Gauges are metric of course but odo and records equate to about 135,000 miles, 22K of which I have added. The top has a tear but all other systems function as they should.

The European-spec version has some unique mechanical and cosmetic features (including but not limited to 40DCOEs, single brake booster, 4.11 diff, and lack of seat headrests) which many believe make it the most desirable roundtail.

Looking for $31,500 if I have a high-quality top installed and price adjusted accordingly if not.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hello Albert,

I am interested in learning more and getting some additional photos if you really plan to sell your '69. I'm a new member, I've never sent a message through the site. It's not intuitive how to do it, at least to me its not. If you reach back out to me, I'll send you my contact information.

Regards,

Dimitri

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One item I need to correct: The odometer has been around once and is currently showing 89,XXX km so that equates to approx. 117,500 logbook verified miles, not 135,000. Thanks Martin!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've decided not to sell for now. Thanks very much to those who expressed an interest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts