Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Anyone know any history about this particular car? I might have a slight interest in it.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I don't know the car, nor the seller, and I'm not implying that this is a bad car.....Having said that, it's hard to see in the pictures, but it looks like the nose is missing it's little hump. If so, this would be an indication that this car was hit at some point. May not be a big deal, but I would check it out. Other than that, could be a nice car!

·
Registered
343 Posts
No, I don't see the dimple nose neither. Again, I have seem over 10 round tails in the past 5 years. None of them has the original dimple nose. The low-nose can easily be damaged even in minor accident.

·
Premium Member
22,262 Posts
One possibility here is that only the later non-dimpled noses were available for a long time, so that's what got used for the fix in many cases. Plus it's hard to get the dimple right and not all shops or owners were going to know or care.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
No, I don't see the dimple nose neither. Again, I have seem over 10 round tails in the past 5 years. None of them has the original dimple nose. The low-nose can easily be damaged even in minor accident.
That's one of the better details on the car. The cars that lack having one doesn't say much about the interest of the owner. It's clearly a sign of getting smacked up front.:eek:

The crease is a beautiful detail, too bad the later cars lost it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts