Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Has anyone found a replacement seal for the 1969 Bonaldi/Benditalia clutch master cylinder? I've got to believe they used the same seal in other model hydraulic cylinders. It wouldn't make sense to make molds for just that one model. I'm specifically looking for a seal for the "3/4" sized bore. The seal measures about 18mm. Suggestions are appreciated!

Steve Smith

·
Premium Member
21,714 Posts
Classic Alfa sells a rebuild kit ($118 I think), so the seals are available from someone. You might try a brake rebuilder, like Brake Warehouse in NY or Karp's Power Brake in Upland CA to see if they will sell you just the part or tell you who to get it from.

Andrew

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
ABS Power Brake in Orange can probably rebuild yours. They do some of the brake work for Alfa Performance Connection and they rebuild all of mine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
bonaldi 3/4 rep kit

hi there
i ordered the kit from an uk alfa classic supplier who got it from a german supplier. however the inner diameter of the lip seal is too big. so far still looking for the proper seal, around 9mm inner diameter, outer to fit 3/4" hence around 19+mm
regards peter (gordons[email protected])

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
12,018 Posts
hi there
i ordered the kit from an uk alfa classic supplier who got it from a german supplier. however the inner diameter of the lip seal is too big. so far still looking for the proper seal, around 9mm inner diameter, outer to fit 3/4" hence around 19+mm
regards peter ([email protected])
You have two options. First, I'd look on Ebay. I see NOS kits for hydraulic units all of the time.

The other option is to replace the cylinder with a new manufacture.

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks brian
i do not see a good reason to trash a cylinder just because of a worn seal. i know searching ebay etc is a time consuming process, luckily my old english roadster is still working ;-)
regards
peter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts