Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Just purchased my first running/ driving Alfa. A 1969 Berlina. I love it. Why have I waited so long for an Alfa. I do need some help. I do not have an owners manual the red light to the right of the steering column comes on and off. It is the light between the right turn signal arrow and the red emergency blinker. What is that light? I presume for voltage regulator or Alternator but I just want to be sure. It comes on at low revs and usually goes out but not always. I just want to make sure it is not an oil pressure light or something like that. Thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for reply. I am glad I asked. Anyone have a shop manual? Oil pressure is still good hopefully something easy? How is the oil pump to replace? easy? difficult?

·
Premium Member
21,668 Posts
You can test the oil pressure with a mechanical gauge at the sending unit port. Gauge shows OK? The oil pressure light sending units are known to fail, giving an indicated error when there is no actual problem.

It is possible to get the oil pump out with the engine in the car, but I wouldn't do it. Nasty.

Andrew

1 - 5 of 5 Posts