Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From a local CL ad:

"I'm selling my 69 Berlina. Loading this ad from my IPhone so I can't get all craY with the description. It's has a strong 1750 motor with the dual webber setup and runs ad drives. It's been sitting for awhile and I need to bleed the clutch, but will make sure the car is road worthy when I hand it off. I am the second owner and love this car, but I havent driven it for a number of years and could use the cash.

The car has some rust spots that will need to be repaired, but at one time this car was cherry. The motor was completely rebuilt less than 20,000 miles ago and the transmissions works just fine. I would like to see this car go to someone who is ready to fix it up and enjoy it. In good shape these cars go for 8-9K. The right person could bring this car back to life pretty easily. Feel free to call with any questions."

Click the link above for more pics and contact information.

Note: I have NO affiliation with the seller and know nothing about the car, just thought I would pass along a local ad I saw. It would be nice to see it go to a good home. (If I had a 4-car garage and wife who would mind me bringing home a stray I would consider it myself - unfortunately I don't!)

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
It would be worth a look. You never know. Years ago I bought a Volvo 1800S that had spent its entire life in eastern WA. It was absolutely rust free, but it cost a fortune to replace the sun jerked rubber moulding.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have seen some pictures of this car and it looks more rusty than what I would care to deal with - but as usual, pictures and inspection up close are not the same thing.

·
Premium Member
23,107 Posts
I think I detect a nonstandard shape to the rear wheelwell housing and door edge. That would keep me away regardless of pretty much anything else.
Andrew

·
Registered
318 Posts
It's been sitting for awhile

There's usually a good reason for that.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
A once great car reduced to ... *sigh*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts