Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again I'm selling my Duetto. The last guys check didn't clear, fine. In October of 09'. A texting driver swerved into oncoming traffic and hit me head on while riding my Vespa. I'll spare you the details but I am now wheelchair bound. I will never be able to drive a car with a clutch again and there is no way I would convert a classic. Just wouldn't happen. I'll wheel down into my parking garage and just look at her, I can't even start her and it's breaking my heart. It's time to find her a new home.:(
I did the eBay thing and she sold for over 10k but honestly that is to much. As much as I need the money I'm a realist. 70K original miles. The brake system has been rebuilt by the Ferrari shop and has a new white vinyl top but look at the pictures and judge for yourself and make an honest offer.
1969 Alfa Romeo 1750 - a set on Flickr
If you even think of trying to scam a guy in a wheelchair, there is a special place in Hell for you and there is nothing wrong with my trigger finger:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, such a response. Thank you to all for the well wishes. The questions asked. I'm the second owner. I purchased in 2000 from Steve Harris Ferrari whom also has done all maintenance which I have every single scrap of paper produced to date. It is the original color and no accidents to the best of my knowledge. My plans are selling this and getting an early sixties Ford Ranchero with an automatic. Something I can put a wheelchair in fairly easily, that is if I get to drive again, seizers and all, shrug.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Hi Brother Timm. I'm local and know my way around Alfas, so if anybody's interested I'm happy to come take a look at it.

-Jason

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Considering how many emails I've gotten, the condition of the car, and the fact I'm going in for another brain surgery at the end of the month the first $6000 cash takes her.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car is sold. Thank you everyone for the support. Blessings to all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts