Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All, Love this site its a great resource and great people! Anyways I've decided to sell one of my round tail spiders and figured I would give you guys first shot at it as I'd like to see it go to a good loving home where it can get the attention it deserves.

So I bought this Alfa this past spring it had been sitting since 1988, I got it home and proceeded to go through the entire car so I could drive it this summer which is exactly what I did, I've been using it as a daily driver to commute to work which is about 42 miles a day 5 days a week and various little road trips on the weekends. Below is a list of everything I did to it:

-replaced front calipers, rotors, brake hoses and serviced front wheel bearings
-replaced rear calipers, rotors, and brake hose
-free up emergency brake (stuck pivot)
-All new brakes lines and clutch hydraulic lines with nickel/copper line
(didn't replace brake lines in front as they were in very good shape)
-removed pedal assembly lubed and repaired broken clutch pivot
-replaced clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder
-replaced brake master cylinder
-replaced brake boosters (x2)
-Replaced water pump and belt
-replaced rear springs and shocks
-new intake boots on airbox
-changed oil in logic section of spica pump
-changed all fluids, anti-freeze , engine oil and filter, transmission, rear diff, brake fluid
Transmission shifts very smoothly even when cold, brakes stop on a dime, it's a very good driver.

Also it's worth noting that the engine was totally overhauled right before it went into storage, I have receipt...

currently the mileage is 83k and I have no reason to doubt that it's not original. Mileage is subject to change as I will be driving it a little..

So with all that work done I have a pretty good daily driver. Now the bad:

The big thing is it really needs to have the body work re-done, it was originally white and at some point in the cars life mid '80's I believe from the records (which I have stacks of all the way back to '77) it was painted red like so many of these spiders are. It has a lot of over spray all over the underside. Does have some crude bodywork, with fiberglass filler here and there in the rockers and rear wheel arches, something happened to the trunk maybe it was hit lightly in the rear? as the latch and hinges on the trunk panel have been poorly repaired. Floors have a couple of small patches. Ideally what needs to be done is new rockers and rear wheel arches and depending on how picky you are new floors. Which is what I planned on doing with it but I have another Round tail and other projects I'd like to get done so this probably isn't going to happen for me anytime soon.

This could be a presentable daily driver for someone, with an eye towards doing the bodywork down the road.

That said I am asking $17,900 OBO for it, if I get close to that I maybe inclined to throw in the factory hard top that came with the car. If not I'll keep it for my '68. Either way I am open to offers. Car is located in central/northern Vermont. I can be contacted via: [email protected]

phone: 802-595-1167

Link to photos of the '69 here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157647078228485/

and one of both my Alfa's just because :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: It was brought to my attention that the hardtop I have is not a factory original thanks to a member here. I don't know much about these hardtops but there are pictures below of the one I have, previous owner told me it was a factory top but apparently he was wrong. sorry it's dusty.

Thanks, Chip

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am very open to offers, worst I'll say is no. I'd like this gone before winter...

-Chip
1-802-595-1167

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: I've replaced the left front and right front inner and outer tied rod ends and it has a fresh alignment on it....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts