Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Designed in 1969 by Giorgetto Giugiaro, diplayed at the 1969 Turin Motor Show and later at the 1973 Barcelona Motor Show. Since then in Spain, just three owners from new, will be exhibited again after years of hidden storage at Retro Auto Galicia, february 18-20.
Complete article and photoshoot on the february issue of spanish magazine Clásicos Exclusivos.
Photo: Luis Carré.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I remember that car from mag photos of the Torino show. Unlike a lot of 40-YO show cars, it looks just as brilliant now as it did then.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Im fairly familiar with etceterinis but Ive never seen this one, wish there were more photos. Small cars are the hardest to do well. Giugiaro really is a master!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I always wondered what happened to this car. Such a shame Abarth did not proceed with this, and Pininfarina's 2000 Scorpio, both brilliant. I guess both were conceptual only, and as Carlo Abarth was a master of marketing, these suited his purpose as well as anything.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
It was never anything other than a concept car--just promotional for both Abarth and Italdesign, which had only been formed the year before. But this car really put Italdesign on the map; it was the first I'd ever heard of them (I'd known of Giugiaro, himself, of course). So it's no surprise that those of us who saw it at the time still remember it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
An absolutely gorgeous car. I am happy to read that it survived and can be seen in its full spendor again.

It would be intereseting to read how it survived and in which condition it was when it was found. Is this described in the article?

·
Registered
28 Posts
It would of been brilliant had they manufactured them (as well as the Scorpio). A match for the Alpine A1600 I imagine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts