1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my 1st Series 1750 GTV.

Car is in excellent condition:

- no rust
- very good paint in original color (Alfa Rosso 501)
- engine has less than 10.000 kilometers on it after rebuild (matching numbers)
- interior is original and preserved very nicely (some patina here and there)
- rearaxle rebuild
- new brakehoses and brakepads
- imported from Italy in the '90s
- Stil Auto wheels

Car is for sale in the Netherlands for 24.500 euro. Shipping to America will cost somewhere between 1000 and 2500 euro.

More pictures and information on request.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
At todays exchange rate thats close to $35,000.00USD + Duty is another $1000.00 and shipping is $2000.00.Its getting expensive to buy from Europe,your better off selling it there.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm aware of that, but there are not only Americans watching this forum. It's for sale in Europe also and I just thought the BB is a good platform to put it for sale.

On the other hand, I think the 1750's are getting rare and personally I think the European version is nicer than the US version. So maybe some Americans are looking specifically for the European 1st series 1750.

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
I think a top example of a '69 1750 GTV should go for $5k more than a similar 2000 GTV. So $30k to $35k is about right.

In addition to being rare and sought after, they cost more to restore. For example, anyone who has had flying buttress seats reupholstered can attest to that. $100 each for the gold clover C-pillar badges is typical of the premium you pay for unique parts.

Bodywork is the same as is suspension but if you try to wind up a 1750 it can cost a lot more than a 2 liter.

Really nice car - good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
More valuable than a stepnose?:confused:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm aware of that, but there are not only Americans watching this forum. It's for sale in Europe also and I just thought the BB is a good platform to put it for sale.

On the other hand, I think the 1750's are getting rare and personally I think the European version is nicer than the US version. So maybe some Americans are looking specifically for the European 1st series 1750.
agree...I am currently restorig a 1969 euro(green w/black interior)...good luck and I hope you get your asking price.I didt know the prices have gone up so much.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I was under the impression that a good stepnose would fetch as much as a 1st series 1750 ??:confused::eek:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Restoring my Wheel Centers

These are the exact wheels and wheel centers I have on my car, I want to restore my wheel centers, the clear covers are very scatched and foggy.

Help me, I have been looking for a while.

ncng

·
Registered
680 Posts
1750 gtv

Hallo Rodrick,

very nice sill to fender configuration, seldom ! Price is at the highend , but a real enthusiast will pay it.

To the other price discussion: every price is an individual arrangement between seller and buyer. But a 1. series 1750 gtv is more than a 2.series ,and this is more than a 2000GTV .And the price situation of the US versions with Spica and dual brakesystems is also very different like the RHDs of SA.

Also, you must different between the so called stepnoses! A very early GT from 1963 with all correct parts (brakes,seats,dash, wheels etc) or a 1600GT veloce 1966 will be much more worth than a massproduced 1300GTJ from 1969 with hydraulic clutch and new dash.

The time of production is always and criterium of the value , and the 1.series 1750 GTV is produced not so long.

MFG
Uli

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you Uli,

I agree with you on the stepnoses, only the early ones (Sprint GT and Veloce) are the same value or more valuable than the 1st series 1750 (offcourse depending on the condition).

About the price. I believe my 1750 is one of the most affordable on the European market as far as I know (besides projects). I know there's one for sale at 28,000 Euro, one at 29,950 Euro and one at 45,000 Euro. There aren't that much more for sale over here.

I can't do anything about the exchange rate, but as I said before, I didn't post the car on this forum just for Americans.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Series 1 Series 2 cut-off

This may be something every Alfa enthusiast knows :eek:...so pardon the dumb question. What is the last model year for the so called 1st series :confused:. I ask because I am about to undertake on the restoration of a 1970 euro 1750. Carburators, mech fuel pump and all. Thanks much
Luis

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Papajam enlightened me with the following:

The Series 1 & Series 2 GTVs, aka Mk1 & Mk2 depending on where in the world one is located, refer only to 1750s. The change from S1 to S2 occurred in the later half of 1970 and both series 1750s are smooth nose. Without having to memorize chassis numbers, the easy way to tell which series a 1750 is, on left hand drive cars, is the pedal arrangement. If the pedals come up from the floor, it is a Series 1; if they come down from the dash, it's a Series 2.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Papajam enlightened me with the following:

The Series 1 & Series 2 GTVs, aka Mk1 & Mk2 depending on where in the world one is located, refer only to 1750s. The change from S1 to S2 occurred in the later half of 1970 and both series 1750s are smooth nose. Without having to memorize chassis numbers, the easy way to tell which series a 1750 is, on left hand drive cars, is the pedal arrangement. If the pedals come up from the floor, it is a Series 1; if they come down from the dash, it's a Series 2.
This is further complicated by model year vs. title year and country of first sale, and can vary by state dept. of motor vehicles. I have never seen a USA model 1750 with hanging pedals, for instance. My 1971 1750 GTV has floor mount pedals, while a friend's 1972 2000 GTV has hanging pedals.

Good luck with the sale. Those of us who own examples of these cars hope you get every penny!

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
Anyone looking at this car - as someone who started with a $10K '71 GTV (USA spec hanging pedals BTW) I can tell you if this car is what it appears to be, the price is very fair! For me to make my car this quality (if even possible) I would have to invest a lot more than this!

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP
16,232 Posts
Yes, the single Lockheed booster is stock.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts