Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a complete '69 1750 Fuel Injection system. As complete as possible
Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
I have what’s in the pictures which I believe are the 69 unique bits, pump has been on a shelf for a while but I don’t believe it’s been run since going thru Wes Ingram’s shop, has the IE stamp and torque mark on gap screw still intact. TA was rebuilt at the same time.

2000usd plus shipping from Canada. PM if interested,

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,876 Posts
I have what’s in the pictures which I believe are the 69 unique bits, pump has been on a shelf for a while but I don’t believe it’s been run since going thru Wes Ingram’s shop, has the IE stamp and torque mark on gap screw still intact. TA was rebuilt at the same time.

2000usd plus shipping from Canada. PM if interested,
All the above parts are correct of the 1969 model. Pump, Air box and intake manifold are one year only for 1969. If you bought this all you need is the correct intake manifold.

Also If Wes has rebuilt the pump. Its an excellent deal. Rebuild of the pump and actuator would cost you the price he is asking for all of it.

Airbox alone is worth 200 to 300.

Reactions: MOZZAFIATO

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All the above parts are correct of the 1969 model. Pump, Air box and intake manifold are one year only for 1969. If you bought this all you need is the correct intake manifold.

Also If Wes has rebuilt the pump. Its an excellent deal. Rebuild of the pump and actuator would cost you the price he is asking for all of it.

Airbox alone is worth 200 to 300.
Thank you Jim, im scouring lower earth for a 69 manifold.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Probably have the manifold, maybe with all hardware attached to it. Air cleaner too. Need a pulley for the pump? I'll check in the morning.

·
Premium Member
5,876 Posts
Thank you Jim, im scouring lower earth for a 69 manifold.
Try Larry at Alfa Parts Exchange.

The 69 manifold doesn't have the air vale on top by the bell crank.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
You can remove the air idle housing and the studs on the top of the manifold and it is almost identical. The only variation is tbe throttle crank on the 69 has 1 spring were the later version has 2 coiled springs. The air cleaner is the most important thing as it is 1 year only and all of the idle air is adjusted there. Hope this helps, good luck.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can remove the air idle housing and the studs on the top of the manifold and it is almost identical. The only variation is tbe throttle crank on the 69 has 1 spring were the later version has 2 coiled springs. The air cleaner is the most important thing as it is 1 year only and all of the idle air is adjusted there. Hope this helps, good luck.
Thank you, very helpful information indeed. does this look correct for a 69?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
That manifold is from the newer version. But it will work just fine and the only difference is the idle air circuit. The idle air hoses go to the air filter on the 69. The parts book also has the possibility that the last 69s may have that manifold as well. Attached is a pic of the 2 manifolds. Tuning the newer air idle manifold is easier than the 69, but either will workable. There are write ups on how to rebuild these manifolds on the bb forums site too.
20200810_074201.jpg
Good luck

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
In case 70ep doesn't find one, I've got two of the '69 manifolds like the one on the right in Otteud96's picture above. No injectors or airbox and I'd have to hunt down the correct throttle bodies. I only recently found out that the earlier throttle bodies have a different ID and haven't yet verified what I have laying around.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I believe that the throttles are the same but I can measure them later
In case 70ep doesn't find one, I've got two of the '69 manifolds like the one on the right in Otteud96's picture above. No injectors or airbox and I'd have to hunt down the correct throttle bodies. I only recently found out that the earlier throttle bodies have a different ID and haven't yet verified what I have laying around.
[/QUOTE

Thank you Bill, ill let you know if the above deal falls through

·
Premium Member
3,181 Posts
I have a few minor Spica parts if the other guys run out of them.

Reactions: MOZZAFIATO

·
Registered
304 Posts
I found two manifolds that I believe are correct for the 69 Spica. My parts book shows a different part number from a 71 manifold, but it is only noted in the verbal description page and not pictured on the part image page. One manifold I have still has two of the shorter air hoses connected, with clamps, that would not reach a later air distribution port, and I am sure they haven't been cut.
A second way to determine a 69 from a 71 would be to remove one of the two studs on the top ends of the manifold (air cleaner support?) and measure. Parts book says 69s are 24mm long; later cars, 25mm. My second manifold has the same protrusion as the first.
I can send some pictures of each - just not here. Can do with your email address.
Have a proper air cleaner, fuel filter etc.
Bob

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I found two manifolds that I believe are correct for the 69 Spica. My parts book shows a different part number from a 71 manifold, but it is only noted in the verbal description page and not pictured on the part image page. One manifold I have still has two of the shorter air hoses connected, with clamps, that would not reach a later air distribution port, and I am sure they haven't been cut.
A second way to determine a 69 from a 71 would be to remove one of the two studs on the top ends of the manifold (air cleaner support?) and measure. Parts book says 69s are 24mm long; later cars, 25mm. My second manifold has the same protrusion as the first.
I can send some pictures of each - just not here. Can do with your email address.
Have a proper air cleaner, fuel filter etc.
Bob
Here is a pic of 1750 manifolds, the one on the right is the correct for the 1969. does this resemble anything you may have? check out the link below from another thread

1 - 20 of 21 Posts