Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reluctant sale of this rare 1968 Spider Junior 1300, imported into USA in 1969 from Europe (AR*1670672). CURRENTLY COMPLETELY DISMANTLED, THIS IS A PROJECT. Car has clear title listing it as a 1969 model. Has a very strong 1750 motor (built by Alfa West) I do have the original ‘numbers matching’ 1300 engine (00530 06809) which is for sale too. This 1300 engine has been sitting for many years, but turns fine and has compression.

This Duetto has been a race car for most of its life, and had been sitting unused for over a decade before I acquired it in 2015. I installed a new clutch, radiator, fuel cell, put on new tires and serviced the brakes etc. then raced it in 2016. It ran great (top 10) but the gearbox synchros were bad, the suspension a little loose, and there was some driveshaft vibration above 100mph. I dismantled the car to fix all the issues and make this into a perfect racecar again. I ordered new body panels to replace the rusted parts, had the driveshaft and gearbox rebuilt (by Alfa West) with new synchros etc. THEN life got in the way, and this project stalled. So 5 years on, I don’t have the time, or any likelihood of me ever finishing this project before I die, so it is FOR SALE. (Sadly I have other unfinished projects including a 66 Giulia Sprint GT that I will never get to either)

Any rusty parts/panels have been chopped out and I have all replacement panels (from Classic Alfa) that need to be welded in. The car has had a few bumps over its racing years, there is bodywork to do, and paint. This is a complete race car that needs to be put back together, just tons and tons of work! Some new parts will be needed, some suspension bushings, brake lines, but most everything is there, a great engine, new gearbox, new tires and many other new parts. This can be a great solid race car again, but 20+ years racing is a hard life, it is far from pristine!

I realize that all the components for this Duetto probably have much greater value if sold separately than I will get for the whole car in its current condition. I would like to see the car restored and raced again, so would prefer to sell it to someone wanting to do that. I’m looking for offers around $5000.00.

I am open to selling the components separately if there is limited interest in restoring this car… A great 1750 engine, perfect rebuilt gearbox, the original 1300 engine and other parts all have significant value that together that might be greater than what I can get for the car.

If you are interested in the car or parts you can respond on this thread, or PM me, or email me directly at [email protected] (direct email probably the quickest way) My apologies if I do not respond right away, I have a busy work schedule, but I will get back to you when I can. The car can be viewed in Denver, and I’d be happy to video chat to show all details of the car and answer any questions. Car needs to be picked up in Denver (I could possibly deliver locally when I have some time on a weekend)

·
Registered
167 Posts
I believe this to be Daryl Worley's old racecar from RMVR, a very famous local Colorado Car.....

·
Registered
2,043 Posts

It was from 12 years ago. I found it. The blue fooled me.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
This would be such a cool project! I'd love to do it, but I just don't have the time! Though if you were local to me (Los Angeles area), I'd probably buy it and add it to my 2 other projects.

Someone, please buy it and put it back together.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
This would be such a cool project! I'd love to do it, but I just don't have the time! Though if you were local to me (Los Angeles area), I'd probably buy it and add it to my 2 other projects.

Someone, please buy it and put it back together.
Grease the trailer hubs. It's on a trailer. 2 projects isn't enough.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Grease the trailer hubs. It's on a trailer. 2 projects isn't enough.
You're tempting me! I actually talked to someone about this car and he told me to do it. One problem is that I have nowhere to store it. The other is I have to go to Colorado in the winter to get it. My brain is trying to figure this out.

I have two big Alfa Spider projects (restoration of a 74 S2 and motor rebuild (and tranny while it's out) on a 71 S2. Plus a dozen other "smaller" project. Prius MFD screen, Sebring convertible body damage, 540i transmission, Volvo V70XC oil separator, Boxster body computer, 850R ABS, 330i CEL, Scion tC evap leak, Beetle stereo, Lexus CT bumper repair, S4 Spider stereo + trans oil and S2 Alfa fuel leak. Oh and I have a starter change in an S2 and POR 15 floor pans on another S2.

I need to clone myself 12X!

·
Premium Member
5,838 Posts

·
Administrator
14,449 Posts
Just want to say I hope you are okay Nick. 2 great project cars for sale, and comments about not finishing them before you die.

All the very best
Pete

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
13,342 Posts
You're tempting me! I actually talked to someone about this car and he told me to do it. One problem is that I have nowhere to store it. The other is I have to go to Colorado in the winter to get it. My brain is trying to figure this out.
I would plan the trip very carefully, The two main arteries into the area are I-25 and I-70. Each has it's own challenges this time of year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts