Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*For a parts car or for restoration*​

In my warehouse, under a tarp is a 1968 Fiat Dino Spider that is in very rough shape. Its missing a few parts, has rust and dents but worth enough for a collector who lives in Italy to have stored it with me until last month told me to sell it to the highest bidder.

It needs a lot of time and money to bring it back to its glory but if you want it its yours for 5k or I will list it where appropriate and then on Ebay and let it go with no reserve.

pictures are of Now and what could be:

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts

In my warehouse, under a tarp is a 1968 Fiat Dino Spider that is in very rough shape. Its missing a few parts, has rust and dents but worth enough for a collector who lives in Italy to have stored it with me until last month told me to sell it to the highest bidder.

It needs a lot of time and money to bring it back to its glory but if you want it its yours for 5k or I will list it where appropriate and then on Ebay and let it go with no reserve.

hello, i'm interested by your Dino, could you send me more infomations and photos ? you can also visit my blog searching for a Facel Vega

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hello, i'm interested by your Dino, could you send me more infomations and photos ? you can also visit my blog searching for a Facel Vega
The photos i posted here are all I have but when i get over to my warehouse, i'll uncover her again and take a bunch.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello Valenzo,

I'm from Italy and I'm interested in your Dino too.
Could you send me some infomations (condition, parts missing, etc).
I await further photos when you have it.
thanks

ciao
damian

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Valenzo,

I'm from Italy and I'm interested in your Dino too.
Could you send me some infomations (condition, parts missing, etc).
I await further photos when you have it.
thanks

ciao
damian
Damian

The previous owner is from Italy and couldn't get the car shipped back to Italy because US customs requires it to be insured and no US insurance company will insure it because its not complete. He spent many many months trying to get this resolved until he gave up. I'm afraid you would have the same issue. Thats why he gave it to me and was heartbroken over the whole matter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for you explanation Valenzo
This is a big problem for italians and I agreed with you that is, in fact, hard to deal with you...
In any case Dino spider is very appreciated in my town. It's a great car and hope new owner will restore it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for you explanation Valenzo
This is a big problem for italians and I agreed with you that is, in fact, hard to deal with you...
In any case Dino spider is very appreciated in my town. It's a great car and hope new owner will restore it.
It is a special little car with a lot of soul, you italians are gods chosen when it comes to automobile beauty (as well as the females) ;). I hope it ends up with someone who will bring her back to splender but for now she sits in sad shape.

·
Registered
7 Posts
in France a friend a mine, is managing Rent A Car Classic - La location de voitures de sport et de collection sur la Côte d'Azur and he take the time to choose nice cars, and after restoration rent them in order to let everybody have the pleasure to drive these beauties !

http://www.rentacarclassic.com/the_ac_cobra_1.html
http://www.rentacarclassic.com/the_alfa_spider_duetto_1.html

Valenzo i had sent private msg with my email, please don't hesit to contact me at your convenience by email or by phone .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Laurent

Thank you for being in touch, i read your PM's but I have to say again that this car cannot be exported to Europe, the customs depts on both sides will make it nearly impossible and create a major headache for you. This is the very reason that the PO gave the car to me to sell, he simply gave up. I'm afraid this one will have to stay in the US and go to a restorer or an individual needing a parts car.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Actually Valenzo, there would be no dramas that I am aware of importing the Dino spider into Australia. Heaps of restorable cars have been imported into Aus be they euro cars or American cars. All that is needed is a buyer keen to import and with the necessary folding stuff to pay for it.

I know of a guy in Melbourne who bought a Fiat Dino coupe restoration project a couple of years ago out of California for about $5k. He bought the car off Ebay.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Australia is not Europe super1600...

Beautiful car even in rough shape Valenzo...would you be interested in a 1984 Spider Veloce Trade? Just kidding!

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts

I am interested. Please contact me at [email protected] or call me at 972-699-1819 Thanks Lionel

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Australia is not Europe super1600...

Beautiful car even in rough shape Valenzo...would you be interested in a 1984 Spider Veloce Trade? Just kidding!
Hey Mark, thanks for pointing out the kind of bleedin obvious, but in truth I suspect I am not that geographically challenged, :D

The point I raised was in respect of Valenzo's comment that because of re-importation difficuties out of the US back to Europe, the Dino would need to stay in the US, to be restored. But not so, as there are other alternative markets world wide, such as Australia, New Zealand etc where such restrictions to the best of my knowledge don't exist. Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I understand. You were enlightening Valenzo's options, not limiting them.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Hi Mark, absolutely spot on, though in truth I suspect it is most likely the Dino will stay in the US due to both practicalities and costs.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hopefully it'll stay here. 5 grand for car valued by nada at 72k in excellent restored condition. I'm thinking hard about this barn find.

Valenzo does it come with a complete engine and tranny and hood?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Seriously would you take a mechanically perfect spider as a trade?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts