Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a vehicle I have never seen before, I find it very interesting.

Other than this one, were any of these brought to the United States through the Alfa dealerships? How did this thing get here? Are parts hard to find, get, spendy?

I suppose it would be sacrilege to turn it into a family weekend camper. I really like the edge of the roof line. It looks like they must have had a camper variant that had oval windows all along the top like old Volkswagen Vans.

Are there a bunch of these in Europe? It might just be the thing to go camping with. :)

By the way, I have no dog in this fight. I just ran across it while surfing the web.

The F12 was on this web site;
Fantasy Junction

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More...

Here is some of the text from the web site:

"Perhaps our most unique offering, this Alfa Romeo built ambulance is the ideal addition to your Alfa collection, or your new campervan. Completely original and with just 8,551Kms, it is sure to be the topic of conversation wherever shown or driven.
Powered by the traditional Alfa twin overhead cam 1300cc engine, Alfa 4-speed gearbox, Alfa rear end, suspension, wheels, and gauges, it really is an off version of the Italian thoroughbred. Unlike most Alfas, this unit comes complete with crosses, sirens, blue (anti aircraft) and while interior lights, stretchers, sink, and storage compartments.
Used at a military airport in Northern Italy until being purchased and exported by the current owner in 2000, it has traveled very little distance since it was built."

So it was imported by somebody here from Italy in 2000. I suppose, these things can't be too much money because they are not in demand.

What would be a good price?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
cool, would love to have one of these!!! The last one is a FIAT 238 though, I think...very nice too!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi Robert,

I own a similar vehicle which is presently being turned into a support vehicle for my racecar.

They are becoming quite rare as most were really hard working vehicles and once they were worn down they were simply scrapped. If you look around you i am sure you will likewise not see any vans from the sixties from Ford or Toyota.

The few ones to luckily have survived are mainly ambulances. Always well looked after, parked indoor and with very low milage. Mine had done 20,000 km in close to 40 years.

I see no problem at all in doing what you are thinking of. The van has done its duty as an ambulance and turning it into a camper will only give it a second life.

The prices for these things can go as low as USD. 10,000 (if you are really lucky !) and i have been told of one that changed hands for EURO 49,000 !

The one you are looking at might not be with Fantasyjunction anymore. I believe i have seen it advertised by Thiessen in Germany recently.

Best regards and good luck.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I've seen that ambulance in person. It's pretty cool. It has a 1300 in it and the shift pattern is reversed due to the way the engine is placed. I posted some interior shots of it a couple years ago on the Digest.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts