Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm very new to this site and have just joined in order to get assistance for you experienced people.
I'm doing a full restoration on a GT 1300 Junior step-nose which is in an extremely bad condition. the car has been stripped and the body currently is being sanded and fixed. I'm trying to get everything in order, and I was notified by my Upholstery guy that the dashboard is beyond repair and I should find one in a better condition. I've endlessly searched the web and the only one I've come across, is the one offered by alfaholics, which is all fiberglass, and made for the GTA version. I like to keep the car as original as possible so, desperately looking for the one with the veneer wood look and the chrome pieces. I would really appreciate if someone could guide me as to how to find a new or restore my original dash. For reference, I've attached a few photos

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum. Big project but obviously not impossible.

There are a couple (not mine) for sale on the fb 105 classifieds page: Log into Facebook | Facebook

You'll need to be a member to see them I think.

Chuck
Thank you for your guidance, I actually spoke to couple of the sellers. One was asking $2k and the other is asking $1k and is supposed to send me more pics as he know there are cracks on the facing.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Have a search on here for repairing dash, usually. It's cracked and you repair it with the same glue used to hold modern cars together, it's strong and stays flexible, once sanded down to a uniform finish you have a couple of options spray it with bed liner, use a dash pad cover or get it covered by your apholsterer

·
Registered
16 Posts
It doesn't look so bad on the photo. Worth trying to fix it. You can get the vinyl fake wood stuff I understand to recover that part. The fibre glass GTA mould is exactly the same as the GT shape if you fancy that. Only difference that I can see is the GTA's had crackle gray paint instead of fake wood vinyl.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts