Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not mine, but I'm interested on purchase. Was wondering if anyone here knows anything about this car for sale in Lawndale Cal.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Don't know anything about it other than the pictures .... But considering the hodge-podge of parts from various years and the avoidance of the jack points to lift the car, what do you find of interest here?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
69 gtv

Don't know anything about it other than the pictures .... But considering the hodge-podge of parts from various years and the avoidance of the jack points to lift the car, what do you find of interest here?
you're absolutely right, don't know what I was thinking about.
Thanks for that slap in the face. It was like being drunk and I thought she was a beautiful women.

·
Super Moderator
10,623 Posts
Well, hang on. While it isn't a 100 point example, it all depends on:

- How much rust the car has

- How high the ebay bidding goes

As bellagt wrote, sticking a spica-injected 2L, as well as a number of other 2L parts (e.g., the seats) into a stepnose chassis is a bit odd. And locating the lifting points inboard of the jack points is worrisome. But hey, maybe the hodge-podge of parts will keep bidding low, and maybe the guy who setup the lift just always does it that way. Do a PPI, make a lowball bid, and keep your fingers crossed.

But by all means, do a PPI. There are some warning signs here.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Definitely PPI... The right front jack point is rusted... The left front jack point is but a memory... Looks like the rockers are rusted to some extent... Bondo in the front clip... Other sins in the rear clip... Ball joints shot... Likely needs all the suspension bushings and ball joints replaced... It will be interesting to see if it makes reserve and what that might be...

·
Registered
497 Posts
I know the car, I saw the car last year and I offered $9K for it. The car needs lots of love. Hard accident right rear and left front. Wrong engine to start with and the trani was attached with only 2 incorrect bolts & nuts. The car was not in running condition when I saw it last year, seller kept the car in his back yard for long time.
Feel free to PM if you need more info.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Interesting that the eBay auction is bidding at about $17,000 now and still room to go! It seems like this car's value is in its basis for restoration in the future.

The various parts bin approach to offering it as a complete car at least gives the new owner something to work with if it runs ok. Was it a shell before someone transplanted GTV running gear and interior in there?

·
Premium Member
21,709 Posts
Yeah, has a Spica engine and 2000 GTV interior. I'd call it a big project, not even considering the color. I'm surprised at the price, but I guess that's where stepnoses are.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
My 64 Coupe

As the proud owner of a 64 Step Nose my recommendation is buy the best one you can find structurally and mechanically...Interior and trim are still reasonably priced for this Alfa....Rust is a KILLER....
Dino

2012-12-02_13-52-19_554.jpg

2012-12-02_13-52-33_168.jpg

2013-04-14_13-27-33_554.jpg

2013-04-14_13-27-50_867.jpg

·
Super Moderator
10,623 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,884 Posts
"what you would need to pay to still be above water after correcting the flaws"

Generally not a consideration with cars like this. Usually they are restored for the love of the car, money be hanged, at least up to a point. It's regarded as more of a hobby, and how much money do people spend on their hobbies without thinking about "being above water"?

·
Registered
66 Posts
i was the $17k bid. Reserve not met. Kind of glad to be honest. Car was a bit of a hodge podge and was a bit more than i was interested in tackling.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts