Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car is track ready with track tires and special rims, and with a change to the mounted street tires is ready for touring. Street legal with a clear title and a log book. (Needs a horn installed)
Way too many things to itemize, here’s some highlights:
1600 engine with .040” over Mondial pistons has had all the race prep work done to it, built for torque and longevity, and runs on regular gas on the street, premium on the track. Aluminum flywheel with a GTA clutch. Guibo saver.
Everything has been rebuilt or replaced in the suspension and running gear, including extra clutches in the LSD differential. Track ready springs, shocks, and rear mounted front antiroll bar.
Wiring has been redone with a new fuse panel relocated inside.
Car was bought as a bare shell stripped to bare metal, checked for rust and sealed and painted base coat/clear coat in 2008.
Many of you will recognize the car from vintage events. Tulip Rally in WA, Class winner in VARA CS1, SOVREN Touring mid-bore class and ASA Proautosports PS1 in AZ.
In addition to many spare parts, there is a new carpet and insulation kit, a pair of Miata buckets that can be installed in front or rear.
The pictures should answer many questions on what has been done to the car.

The car is near Phoenix. The price is $18,500. Full specifications to the buyer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Why the new post? Isn't this the same car from this thread?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes it is, I reposted it to bring it back to the front. And see, it worked. You read it. Thanks, G

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Yes it is, I reposted it to bring it back to the front. G
George,

How have you been? Been a long time.

As a point of information, to bring a thread back to the top of the list, all you need to do is post a new reply in the existing thread with new info and/or put something in the "title" such as "bump" or "back to the top".

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Gifford, all is well in AZ, except no Alfas to race with :( I get updates on you from Dan Walker. Glad you're doing well.

Thanks for the Bump tip. G

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bump up or bury my post? You decide. I'm not going to repeat myself but pm or email me if you would like the story. Ask him if he ever sold and shipped a car with another name on the title...without disclosing this first. Just be very careful. Sorry to have to post this again.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Oh great, here come the flames, accusations, and half-truths.

FACT: George is brutally honest and forthcoming. I have known him for almost 4 years now and he is a mentor and friend who chooses to educate instead of just inform. Generous with his time and knowledge. I believe that there are many on this BB who are with me on this subject.

FACT: I have seen and driven this car. My car is based upon it ( with much worse body and paint than his - amazing what stickers can hide ). It pulls with more ungodly torque than a 1600 should possess. It is awesome and a proven commodity. Like George said there are no Alfa's for him to race in the organizations in AZ, so it doesn't make sense to keep it around.

This is a great car for what I consider an amazing price. There is no sugar coating, bamboozlement, or lying going on. Simple - to the point - honest.

Dan

·
Registered
819 Posts
Ditto to the above. George is a great guy and a wealth of knowledge. Anyone seriously interested in this car should give him a buzz so you too can experience what a great guy he is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry I didn't mean to imply that george is lying this time. I purchased another car from george after he contacted me from a WTB post that i made on this forum. He was a very nice man who had great stories and was quite charming. I'm sure this is a great car. The car that george sold me was such a sweet little ride and in great shape. I truly miss it.

However, I'm not wasting my time and yours by throwing accusations around. Unfortunately, george never registered the car when he had it in his possession (and never dlsclosed this to me) and in fact the car been stolen from a previous owner. I don't believe george knew the car was stolen. I think we both were on the wrong side of a bad situation, but george made absolutely no attempt to at least partly offset my huge loss. It's clear that he sold the car without ever legally owning it and he really should have made this clear upfront before he put it on a carrier and shipped it down to the bay area. Anyway, if you don't believe me or want a more official version, call Officer Phillip Gall at the Oakland PD. 510-258-3951. Case number was 06030853. FACT!

Peace

Jeff

·
Registered
352 Posts
Geo is my buddy.

It sounds like George did not think to research the Vin and probably, as is the custom and practice in the industry, just relied on the car being a race car and never going on the street again. He also probably relied on the representations of the person selling him the car. So, how far does one go back?

I hate to admit it, but I have at least one race car that has no title and I have never tried to research the number on the fender. Its been through several local hands. It has never been an issue. If my car ever turned out to be stolen, there would be a big fight as the parts on my car were not likely on it when it left the once rightful owners hands and that is likely the case with the car we are discussing too. I would argue that I was a bona fide purchaser and not on notice of the car's stolen status. Then I would fight to keep all the parts at a minimum.

I should point out one more thing, "legal ownership" does not mean a title in your name. There are many ways to establish ownership in the courts. I am doing that right now in an estate action where a friend's father passed away without changing the title to an antique car to his son's name. He had given his son the car at at 16 and they just never transferred the title. I believe that I am going to win that case. There is plenty of evidence that my friend owned the car and that his father had relinquished title. But we have to prove it to a judge.

So what happened? How did it all turn out?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At least of two of the prior owners (AlfaBBers) had clear California titles to the car.

On that basis I sold the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts