Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This car is track ready with track tires and special rims, and with a change to the mounted street tires is ready for touring. Street legal with a clear title and a log book. (Needs a horn installed)
Way too many things to itemize, here’s some highlights:
1600 engine with .040” over Mondial pistons has had all the race prep work done to it, built for torque and longevity, and runs on regular gas on the street, premium on the track. Aluminum flywheel with a GTA clutch. Guibo saver.
Everything has been rebuilt or replaced in the suspension and running gear, including extra clutches in the LSD differential. Track ready springs, shocks, and rear mounted front antiroll bar.
Wiring has been redone with a new fuse panel relocated inside.
Car was bought as a bare shell stripped to bare metal, checked for rust and sealed and painted base coat/clear coat in 2008.
Many of you will recognize the car from vintage events. Tulip Rally in WA, Class winner in VARA CS1, SOVREN Touring mid-bore class and ASA Proautosports PS1 in AZ.
In addition to many spare parts, there is a new carpet and insulation kit, a pair of Miata buckets that can be installed in front or rear.
The pictures should answer many questions on what has been done to the car.

The car is near Phoenix. The price is $18,500. Full specifications to the buyer.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more photos

Fire bottle, fuel cell, rear mounted battery.
Roll cage has been spaced back for tall drivers, but plenty of room for rear seats.
Brake pipes replaced as necessary, underside painted
Rear mounted front anti roll bar, race springs, adjustable Konis.
Dash redo in process with all mechanical gauges.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hate to sell this car!
My storage and work space is too crowded and I need the space.
I'd be interested in your comments.
Thanks, George

·
Registered
6 Posts
Be careful buying a car from this man

About two years ago, George sold me a nice 1967 Super. When I received the car, it was not titled in his name and the bill of sale (which I believe was forged) was from some other gentlemen. Old george convinced me that this was all ok and that he just never bothered getting the car registered, which is of course illegal. He explained that he knew the seller and that all was ok. I just needed to take it into the DMV. Well, to make a very long story short, the car ended up being stolen and I lost everything. Now I know that George did not steal the car. That had occurred a few years prior to George obtaining it. But the bottom line is that he sold me a car that was legally not his and then when I asked him to share in some of the pain, he completely ignored me. I've determined that life is too short to waste time taking legal action against George, but buyer beware.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At least of two of the prior owners (AlfaBBers) had clear California titles to the car.

On that basis I sold the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts