Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Green 1967 Alfa Romeo Giulia Super with 2000cc engine transplant

Car's history is actually captured well on the BB. The car was restored and converted about 10 years ago. Here is the build thread on the car at that time.

my-67-giulia-super-projectl

And this is the for sale ad from when I bought the car

1967 Giulia Super

Previous owner changed out the 4.56 rear end for a 4.10 to match up better to the extra torque of the 2 liter engine. When I got the car is I replaced the steering wheel it had with a Nardi (Original black steering wheel goes with the car). I can swap that other wheel back to it if you prefer it. The car had AC at one time. I have the parts for the AC in a box and they will go with it.

Car has required little other than regular service while I have owned it:
* Replaced windshield gasket
* Replaced wiper motor and converted to 2 speed (original toggle switch goes with car)
* Installed bung in radiator for a thermostat controller and added electric pusher fan
* and ... that's about it

Had the valve clearance adjusted and and aligned the wheels as part of major service done last year.

There are a few small interior projects to be done. The driver side inside armrest is loose so you can't close the door with it. And the headliner needs to be tucked into the windshield rubber at the front. Both were on my I'll do this some day list, but I just drive the car as it is.

Car is in Northborough, MA. SOLD

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
#Hardtop,
I think your car may originally have been a Bollino d'Oro.
It certainly have the correct split grille, the badge and the external chrome pieces.
This model is relatively rare and would sell for a premium with a 1600 period correct engine.
There is one for sale here in France near Paris, Euro 43,000.
Best of luck with the sale.
Per

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great looking Super. I selfishly hope it ends up in the Chicago area!
Bill
Bill, you can guarantee that by buying the car!

Wow! I remember that build!
You certainly got your value out of it in spades!
It's a great car. I certainly have enjoyed driving it

#Hardtop,
I think your car may originally have been a Bollino d'Oro.
It certainly have the correct split grille, the badge and the external chrome pieces.
This model is relatively rare and would sell for a premium with a 1600 period correct engine.
There is one for sale here in France near Paris, Euro 43,000.
Best of luck with the sale.
Per
The car still has floor pedals and mechanical clutch, so the next owner could certainly take it back to a 1600 if desired.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts