Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 1967 Giulia Super. is available For Sale. Those familiar with it have seen the progress from bare-metal restoration to most recent. Modena Autobody did all the bare-metal resto and final paintwork. The current state of my 1971 1750 GTV which they also worked on 23 years ago is a testament to their work. Complete engine restoration by Giovanni D’Avola of Autosprint. Complete engine restoration included all new pistons and liners, polished & ported 1600 engine w/ hot 11 mil cam and oversized valves on the intake side. Everything new everywhere else including carb restoration, re-balanced crank, new aluminum air horns in lieu of original air-box.

All undercarriage and suspension work by Performance Unlimited. Including the removal and repainting all suspension units, new bushing throughout, new rotors, new calipers and brake lines. All new wheel and driveline bearings. Complete new exhaust system. See pics….GTA imitation aluminum wheels from Alfaholics used in lieu of the original steel wheels on new 185 x 14 tires.

All chrome and stainless steel work performed by Premier Metals, Henry is the best in the Mid-West, he does a bunch of Pebble Beach cars. Chrome/Stainless work includes bumpers, grille, all exterior and interior handles and trim items. The pictures don't show the front bumper but it is now on the car. The interior is also all new....the most perfect original steering wheel restored in Slovania, restored gauges, new dash veneer and dash chrome, new dash top, new headliner, new set of German carpets including trunk areas and all new upholstery over new foam.

To bring it to 100% originality, the following needs to happen. Remove the passenger inner chromed mesh (for better air-intake and replace with inner light. Remove the very expensive Air Horns and replace with original Air Filter Cannister and Plenum. The front Grille is a unit from the year earlier Giulia Ti, I used it because the first series Supers 2-piece unit is fragile and easily breaks. Also, in lieu of the original tail light housing plastic units, I found original never used units from the Giulia Ti Super which the housing is in light alloy/chromed.

This is an excellent example of a very nice Giulia Super, the motor has only 150 miles on it and needs an additional 500 or so miles before it’s broken-in. This is a fresh restoration looking for a new home. I’m not posting an asking price so that we can all avoid the typical debates. Those interested can easily go to Haggerty and get approximate data on these vehicles. For sure I’m at least 40% overspent on the current values.

If interested, please contact me at [email protected] or call me at 630-542-9559.

Thanks you,
Carmelo La Spina

Attachments

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,566 Posts
Gorgeous! Beautiful color combo and excellent work. Would you take a Berlina in trade? ;)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Wow....thanks for the nice words guys. I've received a lot of interest on my car. For those that haven't seen it yet, I wanted to make a couple things very clear because I'm having to explain why I'm selling this car over and over.

Number one....there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's a :thumbup: car all the way. I am honestly over my head with too many cars and I have decided to try to move my Soupy or my 1960 Giulietta Sprint which will be on the market in a week or so. The three other Alfas I own have a family connection to them. I know for a fact that if I start to drive this Super, I will for sure fall in love with it and thus begin to make things even more complicated. If the intent was to sell this car all along, I would have never gone the extra mile to finish it to my personal taste in lieu of "Market Taste".

Again, I want to make clear that mechanically, the car is amazing.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Am I wrong or is that not the typical T-bar rear suspension and trailing arms? it looks different than what's on my spider. then again I don't know Gulia's well.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
While I'm waiting for the car to come back from upholstery shop, people interested have asked if this was a full restoration. Here are a few pictures showing the great condition of the existing floors, that everything was painted with all components out of the car, including engine, that the trunk area is as clean as the remainder of the car....and that the complete interior structure was also re-sprayed prior to installing new interior.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 56 Posts