Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a modded car. Here are the basics:

1967 Giulia Sprint GTV
-2.0l, motronic pistons, euro cams,
-international header
-weber 40 dcoe (pre emissions)
-re-cored alternator (increased to larger capacity)
-lightened gears in the tranny
-tranny was rebuilt last winter - new seals and 1, 2 synchro
-aluminum flywheel
-guibo was replaced about 5 yrs ago
-drop spindles by beck (orion motorsports)
-bilstein shocks
-i've replaced most of the rubber(s) in the car (window seals, trunk seals, lines, hoses)
-windshield was replaced last year due to a chip
-hood was reskinned in aluminum in the mid 90's
-lemans style filler cap added in trunk
-rota 15" wheels. tires are about 5 yrs old (probably have < 2000 miles)
-carpet replaced a few years ago. was originally RED - now GREY
-original seats, door cards and headliner are still there. NOT in perfect shape - but i love the color of the seats and couldn't find any material to replace it.
-gas tank was recently stripped / powder coated
-no heater core in the car (but i have it)
-no radio
-race style belts
-Pass side floor replaced ~3 yrs ago.
-sill's, jackpoints, floors are SOLID. only rust is one spot in the spare tire well. it'll be fixed by spring (if it doesn't sell)
-includes fitted car cover.

This car is not concourse....but it's a solid, reliable, fast. handles well. It's what Alfa SHOULD have built (At least in my mind)

Why am i selling? i race a 73 GTV and basically - i rarely drive the car. I've probably put 300 miles on it in the last 4 years. i bought it back in 2010, mainly for the engine that was in it which i pulled for my race car. it was a really hot 2.0l, but not very streetable. i built a new, more streetable engine and that's what's in it now.

The previous owner had the car built by roman tucker (of roman auto prep here in lapeer). i don't know where it came from before that. Roman did the original work on the hood / reskin, the trunk mod's and also rolled the fender lips (subtle, but there)

some older pics of the car are here. i've done more work since...but you'll get the idea.
67 Stepnose - getting it back on the rd

Asking 45k. no tire kickers please. Car is in my heated garage and can be seen any time in Michigan, just north of Detroit.

·
Premium Member
5,476 Posts
I think he's nuts selling this car but so be it. I'm very familiar with this car - driven it, tried to keep up with it in my GTV and worked on it. Between KCP and Roman you'd be hard pressed to have better providence...It's about the most fun you can find on four wheels.

Feel free to contact me if you are interested in my comments but what KCP describes is more than accurate.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thx rich. for any buyers, i'm sure rich would happily repaint it to your color of choice. or drop a TS in. or maybe even a subwoofer! :)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
clarifying a few things,
-i don't have the bumpers
-mirror holes were filled long ago
-fuel door is still there and could be put back into service if someone chose.
-belts are attached to the stock hard points. no holes were added / i.e. they can be removed and put back to stock. my kids like(d) the race style belts. they thought it was a race car :)

a few more pics

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's a few more, including the trunk rust. i've held off on replacing the whole spare tire well because roman did a cool mod / mount for the battery.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes. turns out winter time in michigan is not a good time to sell a car (!)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts