1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
1967 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloce (GTV)
105.36, AR 252773, Original Red on Black
Rebuilt over the last four years

Engine – Euro 2 Liter
  • Blue-printed & assembled by Scott Gray
  • Rods balanced, sized, and shot peened
  • Crank knife-edged, balanced, & micro polished (standard dimension)
  • Head built by Engine Machine Services L.A.
  • new valves, springs, followers, & guides
  • shaved .040 (compression ratio 9.8:1)
  • 10.5mm Autodelta cams
  • Rebuilt oil and water pumps
  • New Weber DCOE45 carburetors
  • Ported and matched intake manifold
  • Euro air box (matched for 45s)
  • Euro front cover & pulley
  • Spruell engine mounts
  • MagnaFlow AlfaBB stainless exhaust
  • Rebuilt starter
  • Mobil 1
Transmission
  • Tilton aluminum flywheel
  • 2L pressure plate
  • HD clutch disc
  • Polyurethane bushings
  • Redline Synthetic MTL
Differential
  • 4.10 limited slip
  • Double friction discs (50% lockup)
  • New seals at input and axles
Brakes
  • Aluminum Milano front calipers
  • Rebuilt rear calipers
  • New rotors front and rear
  • Stainless brake lines
  • Rebuilt master cylinder
  • Rebuilt parking brakes & new parking brake cable
  • EBC Red Stuff Kevlar pads
  • ATE Super Blue DOT4 fluid
Steering & Suspension
  • Shankle springs
  • Shankle sway bars
  • Koni adjustable shocks
  • Adjustable control arms
  • All bearings / bushings replaced
  • Control arms (poly)
  • Radius arms (Alfaholics’ HD bushings)
  • Trunion arm (poly)
  • Caster arms
  • Lower suspension arms
  • Wheel bearings
  • All new ball-joints (steering & wheel)
  • All suspension members powder-coated
  • Computer/Laser alignment
Body
  • Seam-welded engine bay & spring housings
  • Main fuse panel relocated to cabin
  • Trunk mounted light weight gel battery
Interior
  • New Italian head-liner
  • New door and rear quarter cards
  • Refinished dash & top cover
  • New wood rimmed steering wheel
  • New trunk carpet
  • Fresh window and door seals
Misc
  • Converted to high output Milano alternator
  • Daniel Stern lighting kit
  • Relays & heavy-gauge wiring
  • Hella H7 headlights with 80/100W bulbs
  • Rebuilt pedal box
  • High-flow fuel pump
  • Radiator cleaned and tested
  • High efficiency electric fan
  • Thermostatically controlled
  • ARP wheel studs

Panasports, roll bar, and coil-overs are available if the buyer is interested. Here's a picture from a while back with those pieces installed, before fresh paint and grill and bumper installation:

For further details, check out this AlfaBB thread: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/gt-1965-1974/33609-1967-gtv-restoration-reloaded.html

If you have any further questions or would like to contact me in regards to viewing or purchasing, please email me at gracedependent at yahoo dot com.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,033 Posts
Holy cow!!! :eek::eek::eek: What a car. And sold form what I hear! No doubt.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Got it!

Just wanted to tag along to the Giulia Super from England thread and also to tell everyone on this BB that I purchased this incredible car from Bryan on the BB and it was a fantastic transaction! I will buy a car from here again. Best to the Alfa community. Be nice, Best, Keith

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I just read the specs on this car and it is beautiful. One thing I noticed though, is that it has 80/100w bulbs in the headlamps. A way to make enemies fast. Put the correct 55/60w back please. As a public service. The next guy to white-out my mirror with wattage like that had better know how to fight. 'Nuff said.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Just wanted to tag along to the Giulia Super from England thread and also to tell everyone on this BB that I purchased this incredible car from Bryan on the BB and it was a fantastic transaction! I will buy a car from here again. Best to the Alfa community. Be nice, Best, Keith
Congrats. Looks great.

·
Registered
63 Posts
What kind of price did this Alfa sell for

Does anybody know or would give an idea of what this 67 Alfa Sprint GT sold for. It looks completely restored from top to bottom and mechanically rebuilt and as well.

Regards, Franco

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I think the simple answer is with the specifications and superb build quality like this car, let alone how desirable the stepnose GT Sprint Veloce is, the answer is something like.....sufficient.

However, to give you an indication of the cost to put a car like this together, I can't see it being possible for say less than $25-30K. The price this car got could be more or less, and who knows, but perhaps the seller and new owner prefer not to openly discuss such matters.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thank you. I believe I got a very fair deal on the car. It arrived yesterday and it is as incredible as it looks in the pictures. (I had to purchase the car sight unseen) Call me crazy but it shows what a great guy Bryan is. Man am I going to enjoy having this car in my garage! Best, Keith

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Thank you. I believe I got a very fair deal on the car. It arrived yesterday and it is as incredible as it looks in the pictures. (I had to purchase the car sight unseen) Call me crazy but it shows what a great guy Bryan is. Man am I going to enjoy having this car in my garage! Best, Keith
I'm insanely jealous. I've lusted after a nice stepnose for years and this one pushed all my buttons. I seriously thought about selling my Super and / or 101 Spider for this car, but by the time I could come to a decision you had already snapped it up.

Seriously, congratulations. Jerk. :)

-Jason

·
Registered
244 Posts
Not that I've seen that many but it's the nicest stepnose I've seen

It's too bad the powdercoated panasports and studs didn't go with it -- Liked that look and I bet it drove incredible, as I'm sure it still does. :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce 105.36

Does anybody know or would give an idea of what this 67 Alfa Sprint GT sold for. It looks completely restored from top to bottom and mechanically rebuilt and as well.

Regards, Franco
Thanks for the replies regarding the price, and those more experienced on the Alfa BB knows that it takes a lot of time and money to bring a car to such a complete restored condition. What ever the new owner paid for the car he got a super deal, as he now gets to enjoy and drive the car with little or no work required. So in the end he got a great deal.

The other point I wanted to make was regarding the original engine 1600 and I am not quite sure about the transmission and differential for this Sprint GT Veloce, in that, how much would one speculate how much more money the car would gain in value if it had the original engine and drivetrain. Could one speculate that the car would get approximately another $10,000.

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
regarding the original engine 1600 and I am not quite sure about the transmission and differential for this Sprint GT Veloce, in that, how much would one speculate how much more money the car would gain in value if it had the original engine and drivetrain. Could one speculate that the car would get approximately another $10,000.
Unlike American muscle cars of the same era, this seems to be much less of an issue with alfisti. There are a lot of us that provide a market for original cars and a lot of us that appreciate well done performance mods. The relative ease of interchangability of mechanical parts (some finiggling but little cutting) over a long span of years has helped make this a common and accepted practice. And there are still a fair number of cars available for the people who are into complete originality. Now, in the case of a restored 750 Giulietta Veloce, your $10K figure for original drive train is probably not far off.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts