Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The problem is as follows: turn signal lights front, rear, wings and dash lights illuminate properly when activated but do not flash. Hazard lights front,rear, wings and dash illuminate properly when activated but do not flash. The hazard switch is mounted on the dash directly above the dash light switch left of steering column. Hazard relay is mounted on firewall, it is a five pin type with screw type connections.
Chassis #AR664341 delivered to US 28 March 1967
Thanks

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I have no hazard lights on my '66 but suspect either a bad flasher relay or poor or missing ground for the flasher unit.

Mark

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
The flasher for the directionals is located under the dash to the right of the steering column. The switch for the hazard lights is located under the heater control on my car and other Duettos that I've seen. The 1969 had the hazard light switch above the dash light switch. Top dash photo #3 borrowed from a post by gprocket. Hope this helps

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no hazard lights on my '66 but suspect either a bad flasher relay or poor or missing ground for the flasher unit.

Mark
I have located a replacement flasher relay (used but functional) I suspect it will solve the problem. I was careful to identify a good ground @ flasher unit. I will post results when new unit is installed.
Thanks for your input.
Barry

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The flasher for the directionals is located under the dash to the right of the steering column. The switch for the hazard lights is located under the heater control on my car and other Duettos that I've seen. The 1969 had the hazard light switch above the dash light switch. Top dash photo #3 borrowed from a post by gprocket. Hope this helps
It was, thanks for responding!

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
12,008 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts