Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, we're finishing up our '67 Duetto restoration and I have 2 questions.

The boot lid is not original and we need to drill holes for the badge. Does anyone have dimensions for this? We're looking at pictures, but that would be a guess.

I'm going to continue looking into this, but thought I'd ask just in case someone had a quick answer. I got Vredestein Sprint Classic tires for it, 185HR14, because that was the closest to the size tires that were one it. But of course, too big for spare tire well. What size fits in the well?

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
21,688 Posts
Original size would have been 155-15. 185/70-14 will fit, although it's taller and will stick up from the floor a bit.
Andrew

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Have you considered a Ford Focus compact spare? They're 125/80 15. The rims are 4 x 108. Available in most wrecking yards for $20 -$25. It should fit in the well....

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Have you considered a Ford Focus compact spare? They're 125/80 15. The rims are 4 x 108. Available in most wrecking yards for $20 -$25. It should fit in the well....
Hmmm, I've heard and tend to believe that the spare tire is an integral part of the rear crash protection. Lord knows there's not much else back there... Not sure I'd want to mess with a space saver spare for that reason. Otherwise, quite tempting...

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Hmmm, I've heard and tend to believe that the spare tire is an integral part of the rear crash protection. Lord knows there's not much else back there... Not sure I'd want to mess with a space saver spare for that reason. Otherwise, quite tempting...
Far be it from me to question a man's religious beliefs, but it is quite an act of faith to believe there is much difference in crash protection from the difference between a 155/15 at 32 PSI and a 125/15 at 60 PSI in the spare tire well.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I might have the specs for you as I went through the same exercise a year ago. Send me your email address through a Private Message. Bob Little

·
Registered
57 Posts
Boot Lid Script hole position

This is a photo of the script mounting hole position from the underside. The upper 3 holes are for the "Romeo", the lower 2 holes for "Alfa". Hope this helps.

[/URL]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hmm, I was hoping to get the location of the round trunk (boot) medallion on the Duetto. Distance from the forward side of the lid to both edges along the centerline would do.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Alfa Romeo Script Location of Duetto Trunk

Send me your email address via PM and I will send you by email attachment exactly everything you need to solve the same puzzle I did after loads of much research.

Bob

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
Ummmmm....no

Hmm, I was hoping to get the location of the round trunk (boot) medallion on the Duetto. Distance from the forward side of the lid to both edges along the centerline would do.
No round badge on the trunk of a first series Duetto.

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
The round medallion was on the 1969 1750 inezione (spica) Spider cars in the US. It had different badges than the earlier Duetto 1966 - 19689.

Robert
I believe the badge was also on the euro 1750 duetto's.

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
I believe the badge was also on the euro 1750 duetto's.
Technically I think the 1750's were called "Spider". The name "Duetto" is generally applied to the 1600 series.

But in any case, the earlier cars did not have a badge on the rear.

Robert

·
Registered
13 Posts
OK you got me

I have a 1969 US-spec roundtail. Anybody know the dimensions for the size and location of the round trunk medallion? Much appreciated, thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts