Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read all the posts about the Duetto hazards. This 1967 has them, has the relay next to the turn signal flasher, but does not have the switch. Does anyone know where I can find one? I've found the 2-wire switches that look similar.

Thanks!
Rally

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
I'm thinking that the hazard system was a dealer add on that was required in some states and not others. My 67 doesn't have one. There should be info on the bb if you a search.

·
Super Moderator
10,592 Posts
I'm thinking that the hazard system was a dealer add on that was required in some states and not others. My 67 doesn't have one.
That's an interesting question. My 1600 Duetto also lacks that switch. I assume this car was first sold here in California, since it had black plates when I got hold of it in '83 (though yes, it could have come here prior to '69 and still gotten black plates. Were they issuing plates beginning with a "W" in 1967?

Back to the hazard light system: Could a dealer have installed this? Where was the switch mounted? On a little bracket near the heater? Might dealers in certain states have received a kit with the bracket, switch and wiring? They could have sourced the electrical parts locally, but the bracket was probably made by Alfa.

Resto120 said:
....but does not have the switch. Does anyone know where I can find one? I've found the 2-wire switches that look similar.
OK, now that sprintgtc has been kind enough to show the schematic in the following post, it looks like you need a DPDT switch. Any Lucas bat handle switch will work electrically and look correct. Two minutes of internet searching got me to this source: http://www.holden.co.uk/displayproduct.asp?sg=1&pgCode=020&sgName=Electrical&pgName=Switches&agCode=0502&agName=Toggle+Switches&pCode=020.251 I'll bet a little more searching would yeild a domestic source (perhaps Moss motors?).

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
The switch is not an on / off switch. It transfers power from one terminal to the other. I made a schematic for this quite a few years ago and posted to the BB. Here it is;

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sprintgtc, yes, I found your diagram, so I knew the 2-wire switch wouldn't work. Thank you for posting it! Once I get all the parts rounded up, it will be a big help. We have the relay but no switch.

Searching the posts on the bb, I've seen pictures of the dealer-installed switches and they look very much like the fan, dash light, and wiper switches. In fact, the wiper switch is a 4-wire. I wonder if it would work. . . I don't know a whole lot about electrical, I would say yes, but does anyone more knowledgeable know? :) https://www.centerlinealfa.com/store/1968

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
10,592 Posts
Here's where it mounts on the heater control. This is my spare. I have 3 of these, and they all have the hazard switch. Do the Duetto's without the switch have the mounting holes?
Crawling under my dash, I do see the two holes in the bottom of my heater control panel. Hmm - now you have shaken my faith.

Impressive the way you have your Duetto heater controls interfaced via a Linksys router! Mine are still just running over rs232.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yay, it came and it's great! (The board and the switch.) And of course we found one in a box after the new one arrived. So. . . if any future bbers see this and need one. . . let me know. ;)

I have the switch, and bracket right on my desk. It mounts under the heater control. PM me if you need it. Is this board great or what!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts