Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
This looks like it will be a phenomenal car when finished, and I wish you luck finding the right buyer.

I had a question about your referring to the car as a "dove tail." Is this a common term in Canada (or elsewhere?), or simply your own description? I'm just curious, as different regions seem to have different nicknames for the first series Spiders. "Round tail" seems to be the name I hear (or read) most often in the U.S. "Osso di Seppia" is still my favorite!

Best,
Evan

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
year

Having been through the restoration process, and seeing your car, the price appears very good. I'm really wondering about it being a 67 with the hydraulic clutch and where the amber bubble sidelight is. Looks more like a 68 or 69 or early 70. Unless it's been changed over, I'm 99.9999999% sure of that.

I can't buy it, because I have alfa metal already. But this is very nice indeed (in the pictures, have to look up close and I see no engine pictures, hint), and having been through the process, and I know I'm repeating myself, anyone looking should really consider this car, because I think you are taking a loss from what you put into it.

Go to Canada, take a trip to Vancouver/Vancouver Island, drive the car to Butchart Gardens to see the Rhodies and tulips, take a ferry ride, and have a great spring trip.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
You will certainly sell it at your price. People are, many, running scared right now with the disarray in the world. But we'll come out of it. We just need two years to get rid of some more political flotsam, no that's too nice, political trash in Washington, DC.

In the mean time, consider sending out those carbs to:

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/car...building-rebuild-restoration-renewal-etc.html

He does superb work and the car, as far as I can see, deserves it.

Take care,
Wes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts