Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I have bought a A12 from 1967, directly from Italy.
Its a charming little truck.
Preparing it for ragistration and approval for norwegian roads, I´m trying to locate the position of the VIN number.
I just cant find it! :(
Can anybody help me?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
No I had to seel the Romeo 2 van some time back because of a divorce. It went to Oregon from Los Angeles, to the east coast and I understand it is in Europe somewhere. It was one of the 3/5 surviving factory service vans.
As to the chassis number it should be marked on the frame somewhere. Maybe someone who has one can chime in here. :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for you help Christhopher :)

I found the VIN stamped on the frame, RH front!

To me it looks like "AK 1000898" ( with AK barely visible, poor stamp ) , and then "14020" which is the model designation.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,238 Posts
That would probably be "AR" (not "AK"). The font seems to be the same Alfa Romeo that used on most other cars of the period. Maybe the top of the "R" is missing or too faint so it looks like a "K"?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
The number must have been not as indexed into the metal as it could have been at the end of the day from to much grappa? :) I have found that most are filled in with to much paint or primer.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice ”lorry”
Hilsner til Norge fra Danmark. Stort tillykke.
Concerning the type number.
The correct one I think shuld be 14020 for A+F12 and 14020U for A+ F11
Thank you! Tusen takk! :)

Thats as good document to have.
The more documentation the better, when I meet up at the auto vehicle department for approval :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts