Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm restoring a 1966 US spec Sprint GT Veloce and have a question about headlamps. I understand my car had sealed beam lights from the factory. I would like to fit Carellos, but I don't know if they will fit. Will the US spec headlamp bucket fit a non-sealed beam lamp? Attached are the parts book descriptions for both, but I'm not sure if the housings are the same. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

· Administrator
'66 Sprint GT, '67 Duetto, '70 BMW 2800CS
13,344 Posts
I think they'll fit, yes. I put non sealed beam lights in my US delivery Sprint GT with no difficulties.

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Deeper Dive- Models Known To Fit?

Thanks for the responses. Alleggerita's comment begs the question- What model #'s fit, or ones to avoid? Assuming 7" Carellos or Marchal lamps (if I get lucky) were fitted on other cars besides Alfas. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
2,451 Posts
All Carellos, Cibies and Marchals that were made to fit US models as retrofit will fit.

The Carellos that wont fit are the ones that have the stud to fit in the spring loaded adjustment mechanism - they were fitted to later Euro cars only - 68 onwards - and are not commonly available. Look for the 3 tabs on the back and any model will fit. There are originals with script, H4 Carellos with script and reproductions with and without scripts ...

Unless you are doing it purely for looks and orignality I'd put some H4 Cibies in as they have better optics and are a better quality light that is better able to withstand moisture ... they still look period and are way prettier than sealed beams ... Daniel Stern is one seller.

Thanks for the responses. Alleggerita's comment begs the question- What model #'s fit, or ones to avoid? Assuming 7" Carellos or Marchal lamps (if I get lucky) were fitted on other cars besides Alfas. Thanks in advance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.