Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Administrator
'66 Sprint GT, '67 Duetto, '70 BMW 2800CS
13,368 Posts
I don't know this particular car, but from spending 30 seconds looking at the pictures, it appears pretty original. One flaw: the radio block-off plate is from a 105 coupe. It should be rounded at both ends, and have the "Pininfarina" script.

· Registered
1,816 Posts
Nice car from the pics. I'll take the blanking plate--need one for my GTV

· Premium Member
26,051 Posts
Chequered Flag is a small/medium size sports/luxury dealer in Marina, near Venice and Santa Monica. Been in there a million times. They tend more toward British, used to have more Alfas.

This car looks nice, but there's no substitute for seeing it in person. Also, on a new paint job, you really don't know what you have til it's settled for a few months. I've seen paint, especially two-stage, change a lot over time.

It probably has Dunlop brakes, or has it been converted? Not sure if Duettos went to ATEs same time as Supers, early 1967. That's no Alfa gas cap, but not a big deal.

Andrew

· Premium Member
121 Posts
Duetto

This car was sold on Ebay back in June. I took a look at and a very brief ride in it. According to the seller, it was donated to a church, and he acquired it from them.
I was not allowed to drive it, and I was not shown any documentation to back up the claims of money spent on it. All in all, it seemed like a tired driver that had been tarted up for sale. The rockers and underside made me nervous, and the general attention to detail, IMHO, was, at best, casual. I did not bid on the car, and I think it went for $22,500 or so. Well sold, as they say.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.