Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am wondering if anyone knows whether the glovebox on a 1966/7 Duetto (and the 1750 Spider) used the same key as the doors, or if it was a different key. The owners manual says the trunk lock uses the same key as the doors, but does not discuss the glovebox. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. in advance.

·
Registered
1969 Alfa Spider 1750 veloce.
1,051 Posts
I believe that it would be the same key as the doors

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
same key

Hi all. I am wondering if anyone knows whether the glovebox on a 1966/7 Duetto (and the 1750 Spider) used the same key as the doors, or if it was a different key. The owners manual says the trunk lock uses the same key as the doors, but does not discuss the glovebox. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. in advance.
I just checked my 68 spider and the same key for the door locks works the glove box--

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
BTW--It also works the trunk latch--

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drag. It seems that my doors and trunk key locks are the same and the one for the glovebox is different. I hope I am wrong...

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
It probably wouldn't cost very much to have it re-keyed by a locksmith to match the door key.

·
Registered
64 Posts
On my 69 the key for the doors initially was different from the glove box and trunk. I was able to switch around the tumblers within the locks so that they all worked off the same key. It was pretty easy and I'm sure a locksmith could do it for you as well. It has been so long that I don't recall how I got the tumblers out, but I do recall that it was quite easy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts