Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,431 Posts
Common occurrence with Alfas, esp of that period. I think mine was the same, built in 64 (sixth production Sprint Gt, so I was told), titled as a 65. Forget about it.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Are the 2020 model year cars out yet? Are they at the dealers yet. Can I buy one. When were they built?

You probably have a 66 model year built in 1965. But have you checked with Alfa fca to see when they think it was built. Have you had the car since new or do you know of the changes any previous owner may have made. Re engined as an example.

I wouldn't be in a big hurry to change the story of your car unless one is trying to deceive.

Just Saying

Ken

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Back in those days this whole concept of a model year was really just an American ‘thing’. The rest of the world worried only about build date and more importantly first registration date. In fact that’s still true in many countries.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
After spending a long time of dreaming I’ve only recently entered the Alfa Romeo world.
After 2 years of looking I found a car I think I can love, enjoy, and restore. I joined Alfa BB in April, and have found all the people in the Alfa world to be great, and very helpful.

To be clear I am not here to deceive anyone...Ken

I want to educate myself about my car...Hence the questions that started this thread.
I figured I have a 65 chassis#, a 65 engine#, according to the Fusi book, it must be a 65, and there’s a mistake in title.
It makes no difference to me what year it is. I’m Just getting to know my car and find the truth as to what year it is.

Thanks to all, I’m learning a lot from all of you and want to conduct myself in a proper manner.
So if I make a mistake please give me the benefit of the doubt. I’m not trying to hurt or deceive anyone. Remember without newbies the hobby will die with all of us old guys, and there will be no one to care for our cars.

Joe Battista

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
There were a lot of 1969 cars brought over and put on the docks, as Alfa was not going to have a 1970 USA model year. So there were cars sold in 1971 built in 1969. It is not a big deal. If you think it is necessary, go to the DMV and change the date to reflect the model year.

A lot of Giulietta's were sold a year after they were built, and as mentioned that is when they are titled.

·
Registered
718 Posts
After spending a long time of dreaming I’ve only recently entered the Alfa Romeo world.
After 2 years of looking I found a car I think I can love, enjoy, and restore. I joined Alfa BB in April, and have found all the people in the Alfa world to be great, and very helpful.

I want to educate myself about my car...Hence the questions that started this thread.
I figured I have a 65 chassis#, a 65 engine#, according to the Fusi book, it must be a 65, and there’s a mistake in title.
It makes no difference to me what year it is. I’m Just getting to know my car and find the truth as to what year it is.

Thanks to all, I’m learning a lot from all of you and want to conduct myself in a proper manner.
So if I make a mistake please give me the benefit of the doubt. I’m not trying to hurt or deceive anyone. Remember without newbies the hobby will die with all of us old guys, and there will be no one to care for our cars.

Joe Battista
Hi Joe first of all welcome to the Alfa world .Second we all like pictures (car doesn't even have to be in one piece) Third Kens point is not aimed at you but pointing out that there are scammers out there and it is not a reflection on you, or don't take offence to what is put forward on here sometimes. If everyone did take offence Trump wouldn't have had to build a wall :grin2: Just ask your questions mate I have found a fantastic amount of help here with my projects and consider this forum to be a wonderful resource. And did I mention we all like pictures.
Regards John
P.S. If you don't get my joke jump higher.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts

Joe Battista
Joe. Point taken. Before you do any thing get the build and first sale info from Alfa. Not as easy as it used to be now that we have FCA. Others can point you if needed.

BTW Fusi while the Bible does have its share of errors.

Ciao

Ken

·
Registered
333 Posts
My car was manufactured in October 1973.
It was purchased in January 1974, in London, UK.

So it was registered in the UK as a 1974 car.

The owner shipped it to New Zealand in 1975.
It was registered in NZ as a 1975 car.

In 2006 I shipped it back to the UK.
It is now registered in the UK as a 1973 car .!... :confused:

·
Premium Member
15,431 Posts
Our 1991 164S has a door label saying it was manufactured in 9/90 but it is registered as 91. The 94LS says it was made in 7/93. And our 89 Milano body tag says 11/88.

As mentioned before these things are common/usual. The date of manufacture means little.

Welcome to the world of Alfa Romeo. Nice looking car, BTW.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts