Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am in need of both left & right door glass for this model, possibly some trim pieces if available. Can anyone assist?

Thany you.
Dan.

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
With respect to the glass, you may also want to contact www.sicurvetro.com. Don't expect them to have it in stock, but they can make it for you, if necessary.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I may have also located a place near me who will make it, and in tempered glass as well.

Thanks again for the helpful links too!

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Neil's advice is very good.

When you do look on the Viva-Lancia forum (or anywhere else, for that matter), you'll want to more accurately identify your model, which is a "Flavia Sport" (also known as a "Flavia Sport Zagato").

By the way, does your chassis number begin 815.533 (1.8 liter with carbs) or 815.433 (1.8 w/ injection)?

I'll also second Neil's wishes for good luck. With only 626 of these built, trim pieces are going to be tough to find.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I can't Thank Everyone Enough. Actually, the car belongs to a customer of ours and has it in for some minor body work, etc. He owns several other unique cars as well.

With all the emblems on the car (some broken), I wasn't certain on the correct makeup of the names it was given. Flavia Sport Zagato. Thank you.

I'm not sure of the chassis number off hand, but when I return to work tomorrow I can look it up. Where would be the best place to look?

Here's a pic of the engine:

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
The manufacturer's VIN plate should be mounted under the hood, just in front of the right front suspension tower. Unless I'm mistaken, I can see it in your engine photo. Also, unless I'm also mistaken, the twin air cleaners mean that your client has the 1.8 with twin carbs and hot cams, which was the powerful Flavia Sport variant; the chassis number should be 815.533.1???.

Please let us know what you find.

BTW, how long will this be in your shop? I'd make a special trip down to Long Beach in my Fulvia to see this one.

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
One important potential source of parts has been missing: www.afra.it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hey 1.6;

Your more than welcome to come by. It will definately be down there for at least another week, until we get the replacement windows and a trim piece.

I've heard back from a place in Finland that says they have both sides.

A glass shop at the end of my street knows of a place in Orange that can make them as well, so I'll see which price comes out to be the better and go from there.

Here's a few pics (off topic) of a Jaguar one other vehicle the same client owns, he made a goof in turning the wrong way, so we had it in for us to fix for awhile, in fact, I'm having new lens covers for the headlights right now.

Shop Info:
Doug's Diversified Specialties.
22626 Normaindie Ave. Unit #b (Right Front Bldg. as you enter Gasoline Alley)
Torrance, Ca. 90502
(310) 782-6100

I'm down helping Doug usually Tues, Wed & Thurs. Dougs been a long time good friend, and he really is one of the few good body men out there.

And Many Thanks to Everyone again. I'm going to pass all this info onto the owner, who will be pleased to know he has lots of resources.

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
Another Flavia Zagato

Malcolm Elder, a dealer in the UK, has had this Flavia Zagato in his stock for years, I can only presume it's rough and over-priced. But it is RHD so that might be a rarity? Check out those Wolfrace wheels :eek:

Alex.

Attachments

·
Registered
518 Posts
I remember the Malcolm Elder Flavia from several years back, it used to belong to a chap who lived near to me. When he had it it was a useable car but would have needed restoration and that was 10 or so years ago. It does not look like it has been restored in this time frame so I think it is well over priced by around 5K I nearly went to look at buying this one recently as it is only 3 or 4 miles from where I work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats a cool looking Flavia.

The trim piece we need is noted in the last set of pics of the FlaviaSport I put up originally. Its the steel/chrome piece that runs along the top of the door next to the window. We need the one for the passenger side.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Thanks for sharing this car. I have met the owner a couple of weeks ago. Very nice gentleman who owned the Flavia Sport for years.

All advice above is right on and it seems you solved the glass issue. Trim is best remanufactured and the Omicron guys inthe UK might be a good first bet for advice. They also own a RHD Flavia Sport in absolultely flawless condition and consider selling (For an appropriatley high asking price of course in case it is still available and in case anyone is interested ...).

Mike

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Thats a cool looking Flavia.

The trim piece we need is noted in the last set of pics of the FlaviaSport I put up originally. Its the steel/chrome piece that runs along the top of the door next to the window. We need the one for the passenger side.
It may be polished stainless rather than chrome. The good news is that, with its mirror image in hand, you should be able to have it reproduced; I'd be very surprised if you could find one otherwise.

And thanks for the invitation. It's tough to get away during the week; any chance you'll be working Saturday?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have the original piece, bent up alittle, so if having one made is the last resort, at least there's an example to use.

I'm usually not there on Saturdays, but the shop is generally open. Just give Doug a call to see if he's open and not running an errand or something. I spoke with him about this thread, so ....

Depending upon what I'm doing, I might be able to swing by at the time you show up. Give me a PM and I'll shoot you my #

Back to the glass.... Ouch $675.00 ea. I'm finding out if they are originals or remakes and will post here when I find out.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Back to the glass.... Ouch $675.00 ea. I'm finding out if they are originals or remakes and will post here when I find out.
Thats cheap. Wait until you see the shipping bill.

I believe it is leftover from a run of re-pops that were made awhile ago, when someone undertook a daunting restoration. You should probably buy one or three; you can always sell them here in North America. There is at least one more of these cars in the Phoenix area.

Your gentleman client has excellent taste in cars...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks. I just got the go ahead to purchase those windows, but I'm waiting to find out if they are tempered before we move forward.

I must of stired up the dust here with this car thats for sure.

I do appreciate everyones help alot. We get some unusual cars in from time to time, and now that I'm helping my buddy out, I can do the internet reseach for him.

Hey, since there's a studious group here... We just got an F430 Ferarri in yesturday... Anyone know of a BBS/Forum that might be able to provide paint codes for it?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
If the piece is stainless indeed and only bent a little as you describe, call Stewart at APC. I had the stainless rooff/ gutter pieces on my Junior Z redone since they had dents and scratches. They came out as new.

Mike

1 - 20 of 24 Posts