Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

GTV Project. Dissasembled in the early 1980. Low mileage Maryland GTV with solid body. Minimal rust in doors and truck area. Looks like it has everything but the radiator and rear seat cushion. Original white car now shot in gray primer. We have all glass, gauges, interior, bumpers and chrome trim. We will try to properly start what appears to be a rebuilt engine soon.

Pics of exterior at >

sorry you'll have to cut and past - too many characters in the Photobucket tab

Pics of interior, chrome, bumper etc. coming soon.

Assume it needs everything. We'll start offers around $6000

Chris - 585 330 5456 - [email][email protected][/email]

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Correction 1966 Vs 65

Sorry must have been a little tired after a Cold New York day in the shop....

I have confirmed that this is a 1966 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce with the "proper" and probably original 1600 engine in it. These 1600 GT Veloces were produced for 3 years, 1966, 1967 & 1968

Series 105.36
Chassis # AR246399
Engine # 00536.09203

It was also last on the road around 1980. I'll check the OD reading soon.

Chris

·
Registered
426 Posts
looks like a 67 to me

·
Registered
1965 Giulia Sprint GT
348 Posts
Robbie,
I agree with you, that's just what I was thinking when I was looking through the pix.
Some very nice pieces, though!
Good luck to the new buyer.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stepnose Update

We spent today preparing to start the car. I pulled the valve cover and checked the cam timing - hand turned the engine over several times to make sure all the basics were in order. Cleaned the Webers and floats. Then pressure feed the system through the oil pressure switch port with a remote reservoir using 2 qts of Redline synthetic at 60 PSI to lubricate all the internal engine componets and seals before cranking it over. Installed some new ignition wires - cleaned the points and got spark no problem. Fiddled with the battery, soleniod and starter wires and it turned right over...... unfortunately the 20 degree Rochester weather and an unheated dry storage building wasn't condusive to the engine firing...... or did the several inches of snow we got this afternoon allow us to pull it outsde and get some better pictures.
We've got some interest but will probalbly end up putting it on ebay within the week to see what the world markey things its worth.

Enough for this weekend - its off to Ice Racing tomorrow!

Thanks for all the calls and comments - Chris 585 330 5456

1 - 12 of 12 Posts