Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting this thread on my latest project. I purchased this GTC almost a year ago and it's been sitting waiting for my 58 Spider Veloce project to get finished up. The Spider is almost done so it's time to start the GTC.

It's been media stripped and has had primer applied. Some shoddy welding on the arches and in a few other areas. This poor work was covered by copious layers of bondo. The work will be done by Vintage Customs and Daron tells me the car is actually in great shape. No work needed to the rockers, just need to clean up these welds, do the proper metal work instead and probably do some work to fix up the floors.

Other than that we will be good to go.

Chassis VIN is AR 755131.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More Pictures

A few more pictures...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
So we started a video cataloging of this build. If everything goes to plan we will do a updating of the build once in a while. Here's the first installment. Hope you guys like it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congratulations !!!

Hello Guys,

It is really great to see the quality of the restoration you are in...
I really appreciate the video and I cannot wait to see the next ones.

In the video, the guy is talking about a 2013 convention !?!?! can you tell me a little bit more about this convention ? If it is a Convention dedicated to the GTC (for ex for the 50th anniversary of the GTC), I will be ready to travel from Switzerland to California for that.

Here is a picture of my GTC (restored in 2007) :

Cheers,
A GTC friends from Old Europe :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice GTC. The convention in the annual ARA convention. More info here.

Daron is enthusiastic about making the convention. I'm not promising that right now, but we shall see. I just know that my Spider took two years to restore and well... less than a year for the GTC, we shall see.

In any case, I am looking forward to this project.

Paul

·
Registered
32 Posts
Congratulations for your car and the quality of the work. How is it going?
I have some parts you could be interested about: matching engine, nos gauges, nos altissimo rear headlights, nos wooden dash... and the list goes on.
Send me a message if you are interested, and please post more pictures of your restoration.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have some parts you could be interested about: ... nos wooden dash ...
Send me a message if you are interested, and please post more pictures of your restoration.
Hi Roadrunner, It is great to see that you have these available parts, however I just would like to mention that the right original Dashboard would be the exact same Dashboard of the Sprint GT (1963-1966) and not the wooden one. In fact the wooden Dashboards appear with the Sprint GT veloce in 1966 and none of the original GTC was equipped with the wooden dashboard.
It is not rare to see GTC nowdays with the wooden Dashboard but it is one detail I rely on to see if the restoration has been done right.

Anyhow it is good to see that you have a bunch of parts and it may interest me for the restoration of my Sprint GT veloce 1967.
Regards,

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi roadrunner & pamaru,

This project has been on hold since last Fall. Most likely starting back up in a few months. I've been busy on other non-Alfa projects the past few months. Will be back with pictures when the project re-starts. Obviously with the convention around the corner, we won't have the car there, but perhaps there is hope for the 2014 convention?? Or maybe 2015…

Paul

1 - 14 of 14 Posts