Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
TZ prototype at Bonhams

This lot sold for 94,300 Euros inclusive of buyer's premium - equivalent to $128,107. If you click on the link to Bonhams in Mark's post, you can access all of the results of this sale. There were a number of interesting Alfas. Regards, Dave B.

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
The auction text gives me the impression somebody wants to create a history and affiliation with successful and sought-after cars that never existed. The issue that stands out for me is that the "Z" in "TZ" refers to Zagato. So, while the "T" for "Tubolare" could be justified by Autodelta, methinks the "Z" is quite a bit of a stretch.

Other than that, I think it's one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It definitely has some strange proportions. I think I was mostly caught up in the history... and yes, the overwhelming reaction on bring a trailer is that it's ugly. I still kind of like it, but, I have weird tastes. :D

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
Amazing what a little creative sales patter can do. Someone bought a seriously good investment 3 or 4 years ago when that thing sold for about £50,000.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Well, it's not a prototype but it's not creative sales patter either...

Apart from being rather ugly (am I the first to mention that? :D) it is a highly interesting car.

The creator / long term owner never called it a TZ, just the "Vico" which is short for his own first name.

A car which is worth preserving IMHO, despite its looks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts