Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering (flirting with the idea) letting my 1965 Giulia Sprint Speciale #1369 hit the dusty trail. She is best described as a SS that is blown apart in boxes. She needs rust repair and a complete overhaul. The two most unique things about the car are that its 30th from the end of production, and its numbers matching (engine block to firewall). Originally a white body with red interior SS out of GA. 24K miles on the odometer. Body fairly solid with rust primarily in passenger side rocker and splash panels. Entertaining offers north of $25K. Worth bringing back to life. Email is jmduncan01 at aol dot com. Pictures here: 65 Sprint Speciale pictures - Photobucket

Best Regards,
John M

·
Registered
192 Posts
That is on sad sight..........just hate to see Alfas ending up like that.
Good luck with sale, hopefully a courageous spirit will emerge and rescue this jewell in the ROUGH.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Fingers crossed. Definitely want to see this one get redone. Already have a few people expressing interest so looks hopeful to see this one back on the road in the next couple of years. Can't see leaving her collecting dust any longer in my garage.

Best Regards,
John M

·
Registered
677 Posts
Giulia SS

would also be interested, but some questons:
1. Do you have better , integral fotos?
2. This seems more a puzzle than a car, everything is demontated! why?
3. Is the red bonnet correct from this car? and kilometers 24ooo only.

best regards

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
would also be interested, but some questons:
1. Do you have better , integral fotos?
2. This seems more a puzzle than a car, everything is demontated! why?
3. Is the red bonnet correct from this car? and kilometers 24ooo only.

best regards
What sort of photos are you looking for Ulrich. Can snap. Pop me an email.

Definitely a puzzle. Makes it very difficult to reassemble. This was the work of the previous owner. I suppose a project started and never finished.

That is the original hood. Car was painted red on the exterior in previous life.

Best Regards,
John M

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could you post the car's history? I think that would help you sell the car.
Car has been in my garage since 2005. Prior to that it resided in Lebanon KY at the Alfarm. I believe Mr. Kirzinger owned it since the late 60s. Don't know who the original owner was, but believe Dick purchased it in the Atlanta area.

Best Regards,
John M

1 - 8 of 8 Posts