Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this round device, two wires attached, between the voltage regulater and the wiring harness that I do not reconize at all. Does anyone have any thoughts ?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Pat
I don't recognize it with certainty but it could be a radio interference supressor (a capacitor). These were usually attached to the Generator itself. It appears to be connected to the B+ terminal on the Voltage Regulator (yellow wire). Where does the dark wire (brown?) with the yellow insulated stak-on connector lead to?

Does your Veloce have an old set of air horns? It may simply be a sealed fuse installed as a power supply for an option such as this.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Pat,
Both of my '65 Spider Veloces have that part, but my '63 Normale did not. It is indeed a Bosch capacitor (the rating in microfarads is stamped on it), but I've never figured out what it does either. By now, I should have just disconnected it to see what happens, but that item hasn't floated to the top of the list yet. Oh, neither car has a radio, so it wont matter anyway if it's just a suppressor.
Jim

·
Registered
296 Posts
Just ran to the garage and took a peek. My '65 doesn't have one and looks like it never did. There is a threaded hole in the firewall, but the original harness would have to be lengthened to add one.

Mike R

·
Super Moderator
11,967 Posts
My very late 65 Spider Veloce (titled 66) does not have one, and never did as I owned the car since new. I agree it it probably a static surorssor if a radio were to be installed.
Gordon Raymond

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, you fellows are quite correct. It is radio condensor. The Giulia has a Blaupunkt radio installed and according to my Mercedes buddy, thats one of theirs. Thanks for all the help.
She is presently undergoing having new engine bits and replacing most all the worn parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts