Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hi Shane,

yeah, saw that one. Nice car - still seems a bit pricey, especially for the Oz market.

Similarly, I've seen a lot of 1750 GTV's coming on the market in the 30 - 40k+ range. Saw one same as mine last week (69 GTV) for 33.5K that only lasted a few days.
At that price I could almost get my money back.
Things are looking up.

Cheers,
Wazza.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I know the car and have seen it myself - very original (including original door arm rests and interior) - not much needed to get it mint.

Is the market willing to go that high for a nice original example? I think to the right buyer, yes. It could be bought by a UK buyer as our dollar is half that of the pound.....

Remembering there was only about 1000 RHD 105.04 made.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
From my recent observations I would have to agree with most of you guys. The market for good to excellent condition GT/GTVs does seem to be on the rise.

The few comments I would add given the high asking price for this particular GT is that the owner should have given the engine bay a full detail. For the money being asked it is particularly grubby and to me is inconsistent with the price. Similarly while the interior appears to be nice and original, it is a little tired. So again a little inconsistent with the asking price.

I do recall that very recently there was a very well known, low mileage/fully restored red 2L GTV which sold for close to $60K in Melbourne. A friend of mine has a 1750 S1 coupe which he paid I think around $30K and has since had to do a partial respray and now a full engine re-build. At that rate it would owe him close to $40k. I suspect if he were to sell it that would be the sort of money he would be asking.

Even my own 1750 S1 which I sold over a year ago has since been rebuilt by its new owner and I am sure if it were to come onto the market it too would be for over $20K. I sold it for $6.5K.

I can't afford a GTV any more, apart from at best a full resto project. And I don't have the time, money or energy to do that. I have too many projects already.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts