Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Within the next several days I plan to list my Giulia SS on eBay. This car has been in my possession since 1997 and has been garaged and driven only rarely in Colorado since April 2001.

The car's condition is between that of a very fine driver and a concourse. It has just had a cylinder head rebuild including new high performance cams by Supercar Services of Denver.

The car is Alfa Racing red with either its original interior or a very high quality restoration prior to my purchase of it. It has a 1570CC engine (AR00112*15918) installed and will also come with its original engine (AR00121*01052) which I replaced in the late 90's because the studs in the center of the motor were pulling out due to worn threads.

The car is complete with no missing components.

The floor is solid with little evidence of rust and no evidence of rust repair. There is bubbling on the lower portion of the rocker panels but there is no rust showing.

The car's VIN is AR00121381131 and I have clear title.

The buyer will arrange pickup and shipping. The car may be seen at my residence in Littleton, CO apon request. The car is registered and being driven although only rarely. The odometer shows 95,826 km or 59,412 miles.

This is a beautiful example of a very rare Alfa - only 1400 were produced between 1962-66.

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
very nice SS.

Since you posted in the "for sale" section, does this mean you are offering it to the Alfabb community prior to ebay?

...or is this just an announcment to create hype for the ebay auction?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reply to Fulvia

My announcement has two purposes. First is to advise the Alfa community that I plan to list this car for sale via eBay and would welcome any advanced discussion or viewing of the car.

Secondly, I would consider serious offers prior to eBay from members of the Alfa community.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Henry, Do you have a price in mind?
(you can contact me by email or private message if you prefer).
Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The entire car was painted in Alfa Racing Red prior to my purchase of it. It is an excellent paint job. The radio appears to be an original blaupunkt which does not work at present. There is no antennae.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi Henry,
I am interested in your SS. Please advise eBay listing number as your best convenience or asking price now if that is possible.
Best Regards
Phil Nash

·
Registered
2 Posts
After viewing the additional pictures, north of 50K seems steep considering the amount of rust peeking through the lower rockers and undercarriage.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Last year at the RM Phoneix auction, a #1 Giulia Spider sold for around $50K. I think a #1 SS should be worth at least $70-75k given the rarity and the looks. What's the price of a SZ? Yep, its expensive, making the SS somewhat of a bargain right now. Just my .02

1 - 20 of 31 Posts