Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Are you sure it is 2600?

The year of sale was when these cars were usually listed, not the year of manufacture. Perhaps the car is really a 2000 with a two liter engine instead of a 2600 needing the scoop in the hood. I can't tell from looking at these pictures.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Um, I just bought this. Talked him down. Notice the paint missing behind the door?? Notice no rust?? Thats right. Pure Aluminum.
1965 GTA Stradale
Robert
Shipping it to Burlington.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Dubious!

I would never want to pop your balloon, but it looks like a regular Bertone two liter or 2600 sprint. Bodies are basically identical, the engines and the necessary scoop in the hood (also aluminum on both cars) for the 2600 only difference. Even so, the price you apparently paid is not all that terrible. Please, just to educate us, post the Vin numbers and engine numbers.

·
Registered
9,539 Posts
The 3-piece rear bumper indicates it is a Series 2 car. There were supposedly some very early Series 1 cars that are rumored to have aluminum door skins and engine hood, but the Series 2 cars were steel (and not very good quality). The chassis number will clarify what it is.

·
Push hard and live
10,332 Posts
GTA Stradale? I hope you got it cheap. It's a 2600 Sprint, and based upon recent experience, probably cost you about $50,000+ to bring back to a presentable state so that it can have a market value of around $18,000 or less.

I'm curious about the aluminum that you say is behind the door. I think we'll all be very surprised if it turns out to be aluminum, or "original" aluminum at least. I found some aluminum patch panels pop-riveted onto my 102 Roadster and bondoed smooth. Yuck.

Good luck,
Don

·
Registered
9,539 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts