Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my new purchase- an unbelievable time-warp car. Thanks Redmerlin for the tip- having spent a few hours going over the car, it is even better than I remember.

Basically, the owner was an eccentric tea-trader. he never sold a car in his life; unfortunately the 2600 was the only one not kept roadworthy. It was however stored in a dry coach house.

Picked up yesterday with the help of another member on here (Winkins) the brakes weren't stuck, and the engine even turns by hand. The interior is excellent, and just needs a clean. The bodywork has a bit of surface rust but nothing structural. the boot compartment is as new- the rubber mats are all perfect, and the spare wheel is absolutely perfect! This is great- I am going to have my paint guy match the colour exactly. Under the bonnet everything is good and perfectly original. I've taken loads of photographs of every detail- if anyone needs anything in particular let me know.

the car didn't have a toolbox, but interestingly there is a chunk of polystyrene in its place in the boot of exactly the right dimensions- almost as if it were left as a 'blank'. No idea why.

The plan now is to do a very sympathetic restoration, maintaining as much originality as possible. I'll keep you posted!

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hooray! And congratulations too.

Now we Brits need to try and get the Sprints (and Spiders) together sometime soon.

Would love to see the pics. As many as you can. Especially of the inside.

Best of luck with the refurb.

Let me know if there's any questions you need help with. Mine's a 102 Sprint, but there are many similarities.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts