Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the serious buyer this car should be visited. I live in Monterey Ca. Perfect excuse for some golf!

I bought this car from a good friend who had had in since the 70's. You can see it in my introduction on this website. I should have left the car alone since it was a runner, driver. It needed a master cylinder to keep it on the road. I could not live with the wet carpets and sad interior and one thing lead to another. Many of you know how that goes. I am in a place in time that the Alfa does not fit into my car program. I run two streamliners at Bonneville and El Mirage and those have been all consuming with the support of sponsors. So the Alfa sits. If you want more of the story please contact me. I know cars and I know metal work and fabrication. I know what it would take to complete this car. I know you will want tons of photos and I will get them posted or sent to serious people. This car and parts collection should really be seen in person. It is a big job and only takes time and money. This is for a person who can do their own work or one who can afford the best.
It is a solid car. It is a good starting point to build your dream GT. Original Red car. Low vin number. Euro car at one point since gauges are in KM. It has been in California as long as my buddy can recall. Santa Clara. I could get the car started if you wanted to verify. However, it is pointless the motor should come out and be resealed and inspected for a car at this level. I drove it on to the trailer and around my block using the emergency brake. NOT willing to part out vehicle.

So the list:
Complete 64 GT. Grilles and correct Tach and tail lights.
2L engine with later trans and limited slip rear.
Stock wheels.
steel bumpers 6 bar grille.

Gathered:
67 gtv seats.
Factory Alfa race seats
7" magnesium GTA wheels (original and nice no cracks) x4
Magnesium Oil sump for rear from Montreal
69 Flying Buttress seats.
Spare rear glass.
Spare 2L and limited slip rear
full spare front suspension
Full exhaust pieces
GTA Grilles x 2
45 Dcoe tops
Various rubber seals
Fiberglass GTA dash
GTA airbox
Floor pans purchased from AH
GTA oil pan
Short oil pump

BODY:
Floors replaced. Hammer welded in place. Cannot tell they were replaced. One final section to be completed. I am a freak. I do not like people to know pans are replaced.
Complete perfect roof section to replace Rusted window areas. Most people fear this process. This could be done for additional.
No history of major damage. Most paint removed all issues can be seen. Minor rust in usual places. Not severe but as you know any rust is the same.
Cowl vent was plugged and caused the leaks inside.
69 pedal assembly with mods for relocated MC.

This car is worthy of the work.

I will post photos because who would not want to see it.

I have to pull
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior
Wheel Vehicle registration plate Tire Vehicle Grille
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior
Wheel Vehicle registration plate Tire Vehicle Grille
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Attachments

·
2015 Chevy (Holden) SS, 1989 Milano (Shankle Sport), 1991 164S
18,212 Posts
According to Carlo the Alfa mechanic who imported it, the 64 Sprint GT I ended up buying from him was supposedly the 6th production car, first red one, 2nd one imported into the US, but I didn't record the VIN. Wish I had. I never contacted Alfa for that info later. It would be interesting if someone actually had that info of production numbers.

I still have the original owner's manual. Should sell it to someone who needs it I guess.

The car for sale looks like an interesting project car for someone who is industrious. Lol, where is Pete? Oh wait, he has his own in NZ.

Reactions: PSk

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my vin is IGM 3235 OM

this is on the metal tag. I forgot to look at what the body says. I think it is the same. AR3235

I have had a crazy response over this. I suppose I asked to little. My son said I will regret it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here are more photos of the bad stuff. There is another 2L motor,rear end, transmission. Front suspension.
Also a shallow pan with short oil pump.
You can see the metal work on the floors. Sorry for the mess. I am a busy guy. All parts are with the car.
This is a project for a good metal person. Or I may just have to keep it under wraps until I get more time.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Given the rarity and the early production year of this car, I'm really surprised no one has jumped on this car. A local or US buyer wouldn't have to incur the crazy shipping costs now a days, to take it out of the USA. The collection of parts is incredible and the work done to this point looks great.

Keep it, finish it and drive it!

Reactions: roadsterswap

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pretty paint does not mean very much unless the preparation is done correctly. It just takes experience, time and skill. The trifecta. Hard to locate in a commercial shop. Here is an interesting post that just makes me sad. I think this is almost my worst nightmare.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here is a photo of a GTV that sold for 112 K on BAT. Look at upper back window area. Do you think the body shop fixed that? Considering the level of prep, I suspect they chose an alternative route.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

1 - 20 of 29 Posts