Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
The sellers ebay name looks familiar....
anyone on the board ?

·
Registered
505 Posts
64 TI Ebay

Looks like a very sound base to make a spectacular resto project.
All parts seems to be intact and original.
I wonder how much the reserve is.

·
Premium Member
22,620 Posts
I know of this car and have talked to the seller, but haven't ever seen it in person. Looks great for an unrestored car, which is how I like 'em.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
22,620 Posts
That's the $64,000 question, isn't it? It hasn't hit reserve yet, at $12,000.
I would expect a Super in this condition to be worth in the range of $20,000, maybe up to $25,000 to someone who wanted a largely original, not restored, car. You'd have to see in person to really judge the patina and wear, whether it was good or bad. Not expressing any opinion on it either way as to this car, as I haven't seen it.
My guess is in the range of $17,500 (which doesn't mean that's what the reserve is). This auction makes me wish I'd done something different on the 65 TI I sold privately for $6500 two years ago.
Andrew

·
Registered
819 Posts
FYI, I politely offered the seller 18k back in late January/early Feb, and at that time he was looking for closer to 25k.
I really like the car... my favorite color combo!

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,048 Posts
FYI, I politely offered the seller 18k back in late January/early Feb, and at that time he was looking for closer to 25k.
I really like the car... my favorite color combo!
Holy Cow :eek: !!! Those rockers must be gold plated . . . and not just covered in black goo. I once let an Alfa sit for 7 years and paid ($$$) dearly to get it running straight again. Fuel & brake system, clutch, etc., etc.. This debate rages on consistently about whether to do it piece-by-piece as it inevitably fails or all at once. Besides having sat since the 70's, I don't imagine it's done the rubber or seals any good. I wish him well, a rising tide raised all TI's/Supers!! :)

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Bruce, if you read the description in the auction, you would see that most of the brakes, seals etc. have already been freshened. It looks ready to go.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,048 Posts
I stand corrected. What a bargain!!

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,048 Posts
What was your final bid? That seems like a reasonable, ballpark price. ;)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Wonder what the reserve is?

Big money for a Giulia T.I., but then again it's one of the best I've ever seen, and in my favorite color scheme :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts